    thought I would have been given the option at boot up.
    win xp

    Thank you Harry
    Harry, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Harry wrote:
    > on my pc, one master the other the slave how do you boot into the slave, I
    > thought I would have been given the option at boot up.
    > win xp
    >
    > Thank you Harry

    You may have to switch the master/slave settings around. Some BIOS' will
    allow booting from hard disks other than the C: drive, not many. If you
    had installed (for instance) Win98 first and then installed XP to the
    slave, you would have a boot manager to steer toward the other drive.

    Third party boot managers will also give the capability to boot from
    many different OS's, even on other drives. For example:
    http://www.osloader.com/
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Harry

    Dodo Guest

    Dodo, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Harry

    Harry Guest

    "Dodo" <> wrote in message
    > You should be able to change boot drives in the motherboard bios.
    >
    > If you want to be prompted at boot time:
    > Change the bios to boot from the xp volume and edit the boot.ini file to
    > include win98.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/
    ddtools/BootIni_08d86912-57de-439d-b3d5-2a3ad7b8ad17.xml.asp
    > Also, your bios may have some sort of mechanism for prompting you for a

    boot
    > choice.
    >
    > That's what I thought but I will have to have another look.

    Thanks Dodo and Roger.

    Harry
    Harry, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Harry

    Harry Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Harry wrote:
    > > on my pc, one master the other the slave how do you boot into the slave,

    > > thought I would have been given the option at boot up.
    > > win xp
    > >
    > > Thank you Harry

    > You may have to switch the master/slave settings around. Some BIOS' will
    > allow booting from hard disks other than the C: drive, not many. If you
    > had installed (for instance) Win98 first and then installed XP to the
    > slave, you would have a boot manager to steer toward the other drive.
    >
    > Third party boot managers will also give the capability to boot from
    > many different OS's, even on other drives. For example:
    > http://www.osloader.com/

    Just tried osloader just what I was looking for.

    Thanks Harry
    Harry, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Harry

    xmp Guest

    Harry wrote:

    > on my pc, one master the other the slave how do you boot into the slave, I
    > thought I would have been given the option at boot up.
    > win xp
    >
    > Thank you Harry

    I use BootItNG or GRUB, but I boot more than Windows. BootNow plus
    BootItNG will allow you to click an icon within Windows and boot into
    the next OS.

    michael
    xmp, Aug 27, 2004