    Is it better I disable Windows firewall?
    Thank you!

    bye Ulisse
    Ulisse, Jan 18, 2006

  2. "Ulisse" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, I have just installed Karsperky firewall but I don't have
    > disable Windows SP2 firewall.
    > I have Win XP Pro.
    > Is it better I disable Windows firewall?
    > Thank you!
    >
    > bye Ulisse

    It won't make any difference.
    Boscoe Pertwee, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Ulisse

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ulisse" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, I have just installed Karsperky firewall but I don't have
    > disable Windows SP2 firewall.
    > I have Win XP Pro.
    > Is it better I disable Windows firewall?
    > Thank you!

    I run with IPsec that's on the Win XP O/S with my laptop that has a direct
    connection to the Internet while on the road to supplement BlackIce as
    another FW like solution as a personal FW can be taken down by malware.

    So there is no harm in running two PFW(s) if they can coexist and not give
    you any problems.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Ulisse

    Erick Guest

    I run ZoneAlarm in addition to the windows firewall, as well as the built-in
    firewall on my router It's basically additional layers, although sometimes
    problems can be caused with programs (games, etc) that need internet access
    to run.

    Erick, Jan 19, 2006
  5. Ulisse

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Erick" <> wrote in message
    >I run ZoneAlarm in addition to the windows firewall, as well as the
    >built-in firewall on my router It's basically additional layers, although
    >sometimes problems can be caused with programs (games, etc) that need
    >internet access to run.

    You have three solutions going here. The question is why? I could see two
    PFW(s) with a machine that has a direct connection to the Internet. But two
    PFW(s) active on the machine behind a NAT router?

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 19, 2006
  6. Ulisse

    Erick Guest

    :-D Oh, I have my reasons.

    Erick, Jan 20, 2006
  7. Ulisse

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:28:37 GMT,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Erick"
    <> spewed the following:

    |:-D Oh, I have my reasons.

    Your reasons are not valid. Check out a GOOD firewall, like Agnitum
    Outpost; it will make you totally invisible and totally in control of
    everything in and out, a low overhead service. Windows firewall should
    be totally disregarded and a single third party software solution
    implimented, always. A NAT router gives basic hardware protection and
    should, for security and control reasons, always be used in conjuction
    with a single software firewall. Any other solution creates a
    bottleneck.

    BTW, while we are on the subject, please consider posting your replies
    after the comment, not before. Top Posting is rude and confusing to
    people with short retention servers.

    HAND

    --

    -nos1eep
    nos1eep, Jan 20, 2006
  8. Ulisse

    bambam Guest

    nos1eep <> wrote in

    > BTW, while we are on the subject, please consider posting your replies
    > after the comment, not before. Top Posting is rude and confusing to
    > people with short retention servers.
    >
    > HAND

    And try to remember to snip superfluous text. ;)
    bambam, Jan 20, 2006
  9. Ulisse

    /nul Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:28:37 GMT, "Erick" <> wrote:

    >:-D Oh, I have my reasons.

    One properly set up firewall is much better than 3 firewalls that you have no
    idea about the setup.
    /nul, Jan 20, 2006