    three home pages in my group of opened tabs. The last tab always
    changes to a home page tab. How can I fix this?

    Thanks

    Tom G, Nov 14, 2006

  2. On 11/14/2006 10:37 AM, Tom G wrote:
    > 1. How do you set up different instances of Firefox? I know there is
    > a way to get that option on your desktop, but I can't remember how.

    I'm not completely sure of what you're talking about, but perhaps you
    want a separate profile: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

    > 2. When I close firefox, and then reopen at a later date I get two or
    > three home pages in my group of opened tabs. The last tab always
    > changes to a home page tab. How can I fix this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Tools->Options->Main->When Firefox Starts->Show home page.

    Then set your home page.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Nov 14, 2006

  3. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:04:42 GMT, "Mumia W. (reading news)"
    <> wrote:

    >On 11/14/2006 10:37 AM, Tom G wrote:
    >> 1. How do you set up different instances of Firefox? I know there is
    >> a way to get that option on your desktop, but I can't remember how.
    >>

    >I'm not completely sure of what you're talking about, but perhaps you
    >want a separate profile: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

    OK, thanks for that. Now, how do I put the profile manager on my
    desktop so that when I click on Firefox the profile manager comes up
    and I choose my desired profile?

    Thanks again,

    Tom

    Tom G, Nov 15, 2006
  4. On 11/14/2006 06:13 PM, Tom G wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:04:42 GMT, "Mumia W. (reading news)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/14/2006 10:37 AM, Tom G wrote:
    >>> 1. How do you set up different instances of Firefox? I know there is
    >>> a way to get that option on your desktop, but I can't remember how.
    >>>

    >> I'm not completely sure of what you're talking about, but perhaps you
    >> want a separate profile: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

    > OK, thanks for that. Now, how do I put the profile manager on my
    > desktop so that when I click on Firefox the profile manager comes up
    > and I choose my desired profile?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Tom

    I'm not a Windows user anymore so this comes from memory.

    You need to create a shortcut on the desktop. That shortcut should
    launch "firefox.exe -profilemanager"

    Mumia W. (reading news), Nov 15, 2006
  5. Tom G

    Miller Guest

    *Mumia W. (reading news)* wrote on 15.11.06 08:55:
    > On 11/14/2006 06:13 PM, Tom G wrote:
    >> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:04:42 GMT, "Mumia W. (reading news)"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> I'm not completely sure of what you're talking about, but perhaps you
    >>> want a separate profile: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

    >> OK, thanks for that. Now, how do I put the profile manager on my
    >> desktop so that when I click on Firefox the profile manager comes up
    >> and I choose my desired profile?
    >>
    >> Thanks again,
    >>
    >> Tom

    > I'm not a Windows user anymore so this comes from memory.
    >
    > You need to create a shortcut on the desktop. That shortcut should
    > launch "firefox.exe -profilemanager"

    Right. "firefox.exe -P" works also. And if you want to start a dedicatet
    profile create a shortcut like "firefox.exe -P name_of_profile"

    cu, Miller

    Miller, Nov 15, 2006
  6. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:55:29 GMT, "Mumia W. (reading news)"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm not a Windows user anymore so this comes from memory.
    >
    >You need to create a shortcut on the desktop. That shortcut should
    >launch "firefox.exe -profilemanager"

    Yes true, but how do you create that shortcut?

    Thanks

    Tom G, Nov 15, 2006
  7. Tom G

    Miller Guest

    *Tom G* wrote on 15.11.06 16:08:
    > On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:55:29 GMT, "Mumia W. (reading news)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm not a Windows user anymore so this comes from memory.
    >>
    >>You need to create a shortcut on the desktop. That shortcut should
    >>launch "firefox.exe -profilemanager"

    > Yes true, but how do you create that shortcut?

    The easiest way should be to copy an existing firefox-shortcut (maybe
    from the startmenu) to the desktop. Then go to the properties of this
    shortcut and modify the path(target) according to your needs.

    Sorry if i'm naming things wrong, English is not my native language
    and i haven't got an english Windows-Version.

    cu, Miller

    Miller, Nov 15, 2006
  8. On 11/15/2006 09:08 AM, Tom G wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:55:29 GMT, "Mumia W. (reading news)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm not a Windows user anymore so this comes from memory.
    >>
    >> You need to create a shortcut on the desktop. That shortcut should
    >> launch "firefox.exe -profilemanager"

    > Yes true, but how do you create that shortcut?
    >
    > Thanks

    Right-click on the desktop, choose "New Shortcut" then right-click the
    new shortcut and go through all of the dialogs and put in all of the
    settings.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Nov 15, 2006