    router should I use ?

    Thanks
    Pawel R.
    Pawel, Jul 4, 2007

  2. In article <f6gbuf$23$>,
    Pawel <> wrote:
    > I want to connect two 2950 cisco routers with two ethernet
    >connections. When one fails second still exist. But when two connection
    >exist speed between router is 200mbps. Is this possible ? What services on
    >router should I use ?

    etherchannel

    See, e.g.,
    Walter Roberson, Jul 4, 2007

  3. Pawel

    Trendkill Guest

    On Jul 4, 10:53 am, (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    > In article <f6gbuf$>,
    >
    > Pawel <> wrote:
    > > I want to connect two 2950 cisco routers with two ethernet
    > >connections. When one fails second still exist. But when two connection
    > >exist speed between router is 200mbps. Is this possible ? What services on
    > >router should I use ?

    > etherchannel
    >
    > See, e.g.,http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/172.html

    Create a virtual channel interface as an access port in the proper
    vlan, assign your two fast ethernet interfaces into that virtual
    channel interface, and you should be good to go. 100 mbps if one is
    down, 200 mbps if up. You will have to do this on both switches.
    Trendkill, Jul 4, 2007