Two Enquiries re Firefox - Sun Java & Exiting FF.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Reg Mouatt, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    Hi,
    I have been using FF successfully for a few months now and recently
    had the need to reinstall my OS - Windows 98. Since reinstalling FF I
    do find that when exiting the programme, that for approx one minute
    CPU usage climbs to around 80% and the use of the mouse becomes very
    jerky and slow. I usually wait for this short period to end and all is
    then well again. I have once uninstalled FF and reinstalled again but
    do still get this effect. This is something I never had in the
    previous OS setup and wondered if there is a known setting to adjust
    which may have a bearing on this problem.

    The other query is to ask that having installed the Sun Java programme
    and associated it with Mozilla (doesn't give FF as a choice) through
    the Control Panel icon/menu - where/how do I tell within FF that it
    is in fact enabled?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:54:43 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I have been using FF successfully for a few months now and recently
    >had the need to reinstall my OS - Windows 98. Since reinstalling FF I
    >do find that when exiting the programme, that for approx one minute
    >CPU usage climbs to around 80% and the use of the mouse becomes very
    >jerky and slow. I usually wait for this short period to end and all is
    >then well again. I have once uninstalled FF and reinstalled again but
    >do still get this effect. This is something I never had in the
    >previous OS setup and wondered if there is a known setting to adjust
    >which may have a bearing on this problem.
    >
    >The other query is to ask that having installed the Sun Java programme
    >and associated it with Mozilla (doesn't give FF as a choice) through
    >the Control Panel icon/menu - where/how do I tell within FF that it
    >is in fact enabled?
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    >Reg

    I have noticed also that if I bring up 'Task Manager' following
    closing down FF that it is displayed there as 'Firefox (not
    responding) and by clicking on 'End Task' can force it to close down.
    Any ideas?

    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Dec 19, 2004