Two e-mail accounts

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Apr 19, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Andy Petro" <> wrote in
    news:gse1om$gip$:

    > Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail
    > at the same time using each one separately

    Yes. Hotmail (or as they now call it "Windows live hotmail" - whatever
    that's supposed to mean) doesn't do pop or smtp however, you have to go
    to their website. Which automatically directs you to sympatico.com when
    you log out too BTW. Annoying.

    If you want a second email to use with OE, however, gmail (google mail)
    does work with it. As does fastmail. Hotmail is just about the worst
    webmail out there IMHO.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 19, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    Andy Petro Guest

    Andy Petro, Apr 19, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    Dan C Guest

    Dan C, Apr 19, 2009
  4. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:20:04 -0400, "Andy Petro"
    <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail at
    >the same time using each one separately

    Yes.

    You can have as many separate accounts as you want.

    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2009
  5. chuckcar

    bardeban Guest

    You can have yahoo and gmail too, you must know how to create it though.
    With sympatico alone, you can have 10 email account.

    bardeban, Apr 19, 2009
  6. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 01:45:36 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Yes. Hotmail (or as they now call it "Windows live hotmail" - whatever
    >that's supposed to mean)

    Uhhh it was bought my Microsoft, and.. oh hell, I can't teach the
    stupid.

    >doesn't do pop or smtp however,

    POP is available via clients or via Hotmail Plus. And as for SMTP -
    you use your ISP's SMTP server.

    >Which automatically directs you to sympatico.com when
    >you log out too BTW. Annoying.

    Uhh no, it doesn't.

    >If you want a second email to use with OE, however, gmail (google mail)
    >does work with it. As does fastmail. Hotmail is just about the worst
    >webmail out there IMHO.

    How have you managed to stay alive all these years operating on half a
    brain cell?

    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2009
  7. "Andy Petro" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail at
    > the same time using each one separately

    How horribly selfish. You are not entitled to have two email accounts until
    everyone, including the poor Bangladeshis and the inner city down-trodden
    and oppressed minorities have one account.

    Shame on you. Your name just moved to the top of Barack's Spread The Wealth
    Around list...

    Marshall Tucker, Apr 19, 2009
  8. On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:20:04 -0400, Andy Petro wrote:

    > Is it possible to have an e-mail account with Sympatico.ca and Hotmail
    > at the same time using each one separately

    Is this a general question or are you referring to a specific email
    program like outlook, thunderbird, eudora etc....

    No Alternative, Apr 19, 2009
  9. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Martin Jay <> wrote in

    > It has been working for me for a few months.

    Ok, thanks. I guess they *had* to do it. Just tried with OE and get no
    response. Did a telnet to the pop. Instantaneous connection promptly lost.
    Did a telnet to the smtp. No connection. Ports and servers are as above.
    Password and email correct. My ISP won't *let* me do a ping or a tracert
    anymore for some sure to stupid reason. My gmail worked fine.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 19, 2009
  10. chuckcar

    Guest

    Martin Jay <> wrote:

    >>Yes. Hotmail (or as they now call it "Windows live hotmail" - whatever
    >>that's supposed to mean) doesn't do pop or smtp...

    >According to this blog entry Hotmail has offered POP3 and SMTP access
    >to all its customers for about a month
    ><http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!32413.entry?sa=187194869>:

    From that link
    http://www.istudioweb.com/hotmail-awakens-with-pop3-and-smtp-2009-04-14/

    This is a good thing, it takes me many moons to finally get to my
    email with Hotmail. - I use hotmail to register on web sites.

    I'm going to have to start using Agent 3 for the SSL required for the
    POP3 - I hate OE which I've been using for Gmail pop3.

    --

    Reenacted Vintage Photos
    http://imgur.com/17Kz.jpg

    , Apr 20, 2009
  11. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Martin Jay <> wrote in

    > It has been working for me for a few months.

    Didn't work at first. Had to uncheck SSL, try it, exit, start OE, Check
    SSL again for it to work. OE no doubt was the problem.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 20, 2009
  12. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:57:33 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Didn't work at first. Had to uncheck SSL, try it, exit, start OE, Check
    >SSL again for it to work. OE no doubt was the problem.

    Classic PRBKAC.

    Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2009
  13. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:16:36 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:57:33 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Didn't work at first. Had to uncheck SSL, try it, exit, start OE, Check
    >>SSL again for it to work. OE no doubt was the problem.

    > Classic PRBKAC.

    Ooops!

    Aardvark, Apr 20, 2009