    anyone knows if this will work or not?

    thanks,
    JR

    Kong_1, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Kong_1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Kong_1 wrote:
    > I am doing some diffent projects including stock exchange so I want to
    > use 4 monitors at a time... I am running a dual pentium 3 1Ghz machine
    > with XP Pro ... I was looking to buy 2 dual VGA PNY Verto 5200 video
    > cards (PCI) and I dont' know if this will work and I can't find it on
    > their site and they don't seem to have a contact so I was wondering if
    > anyone knows if this will work or not?
    >
    > thanks,
    > JR

    Why not get a card with four VGA outputs?

    http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/3dws/products/qid/qid_lp_pcie.cfm

    Or even EIGHT?

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VYJQ0/ref=nosim/104-4209429-6977505?n=172282

    Other options exist. Search the web for multi-head video card, 4 output
    video card, 4 port video card, etc. You get the idea. Shop around.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Kong_1

    Kong_1 Guest

    This is more of a money thing..... the guy that needs this is pretty
    broke.... the vertos are 80 bucks a piece and one of those matrox
    cards is 800 bucks.... performance is not really an issue ...he is
    just gonna run IE and Office....

    Kong_1, Jul 23, 2006