    separate. In other words they 'change' so both links open the same account.

    Is there a way to be able to easily set up two shortcuts for the two
    different accounts? Thanks for advice.

    john hamilton, Apr 5, 2010

  2. john hamilton

    John Holmes Guest

    john hamilton "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have two different hotmail accounts. When I put the address links
    > for each in separate folders on the desktop, as shortcuts, they do not
    > remain separate. In other words they 'change' so both links open the
    > same account.
    >
    > Is there a way to be able to easily set up two shortcuts for the two
    > different accounts? Thanks for advice.

    Make the shortcuts read-only.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Apr 5, 2010

  3. john hamilton

    VanguardLH Guest

    john hamilton wrote:

    > I have two different hotmail accounts. When I put the address links for each
    > in separate folders on the desktop, as shortcuts, they do not remain
    > separate. In other words they 'change' so both links open the same account.
    >
    > Is there a way to be able to easily set up two shortcuts for the two
    > different accounts? Thanks for advice.

    Since both links will have to take you to the login page and THAT is where
    you differentiate to which account you account, there can be no difference
    in their behavior. You'll still have to login and logging in has you enter
    your account credentials. You could use cookies to auto-login when you
    reconnect to Hotmail but that cookie will reconnect you to whatever was the
    last Hotmail account to which you previously connected.

    Their URLs take you to the login page (where you select the account) or
    auto-login through it using a cookie to the prior connected account.

    VanguardLH, Apr 5, 2010
  4. john hamilton

    chuckcar Guest

    "john hamilton" <> wrote in

    > I have two different hotmail accounts. When I put the address links
    > for each in separate folders on the desktop, as shortcuts, they do not
    > remain separate. In other words they 'change' so both links open the
    > same account.
    >
    > Is there a way to be able to easily set up two shortcuts for the two
    > different accounts? Thanks for advice.

    Create a different user in whatever version of windows you're using for
    each account. Both shortcuts will go to the exact same URL. The only
    difference is the cookies involved and they will be the same unless you
    use a different windows user to go to that page. Or you could just type
    in the user name and password manually. Or you could get a second email
    somewhere else like yahoo or google mail or fastmail. Those *are* your
    only choices.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 5, 2010