    connections ?

    Many thanks

    Ken

    Ken, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Howdy!

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    news:blq8vf$f14cs$-berlin.de...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Just a matter of interest, I have a Wireless card and a LinkSys router, I
    > decided to connect my PC using a CAT 5 cable as well, is there anyway I

    can
    > maximise my connection to the router ? Can i configure my pc to use both
    > connections ?

    Any particular reason why you want to screw up the system?

    Think "severe echo in sewer pipe" confusion level here.

    Use just one link - wired OR wireless - and let the other one be
    disconnected.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Ken

    Billh Guest

    While I do not know the answer I can tell you what I have found out on my
    own. I just got a laptop with both connections. I have found that windows
    only uses one connection at a time and the one it sees first. Meaning if I
    plugged in the wired plug after the wireless has made a connection I found
    my thru put to be slow in the wireless range. If I plug in the wired first
    I get the thru put at full speed Ethernet connection.

    Billh, Oct 6, 2003