Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can these beclubbed into one next year?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sherkhanthegreat@gmail.com, Mar 25, 2010.

  1. Guest

    Hi, I would like to know the Car Insurance Industry standard on the
    following real life scenario, happening to me next month.

    Currently I have two cars on my name, both insured against my name as
    Policy Holder from two different Insurance providers. Next month, one
    policy will be completing one NCD year and second policy will be
    completing three NCD years. I am planning to get rid of one car after
    that, which means I have two NCD cover notes from two insurance
    providers totalling four NCDs. Does it mean that I can avail
    aggregated four years NCD(3+1) or it has to be either three or one
    year NCD?

    Tried googling, couldn't get confirmed answer. Though many responses
    talk about "One NCD two Cars" but none talks about "Two NCDs on One
    car".

    Thanks and Regards,
    sherkhanthegreat
    shammi777
    , Mar 25, 2010

  2. olfart Guest

    Re: Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can these be clubbed into one next year?

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I would like to know the Car Insurance Industry standard on the
    > following real life scenario, happening to me next month.
    >
    > Currently I have two cars on my name, both insured against my name as
    > Policy Holder from two different Insurance providers. Next month, one
    > policy will be completing one NCD year and second policy will be
    > completing three NCD years. I am planning to get rid of one car after
    > that, which means I have two NCD cover notes from two insurance
    > providers totalling four NCDs. Does it mean that I can avail
    > aggregated four years NCD(3+1) or it has to be either three or one
    > year NCD?
    >
    > Tried googling, couldn't get confirmed answer. Though many responses
    > talk about "One NCD two Cars" but none talks about "Two NCDs on One
    > car".
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > sherkhanthegreat
    > shammi777

    wtf is an NCD???
    olfart, Mar 25, 2010

  3. Tigger Guest

    Re: Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can thesebeclubbed into one next year?

    writted thus:

    > Hi, I would like to know the Car Insurance Industry standard on the
    > following real life scenario, happening to me next month.
    >
    > Currently I have two cars on my name, both insured against my name as
    > Policy Holder from two different Insurance providers. Next month, one
    > policy will be completing one NCD year and second policy will be
    > completing three NCD years. I am planning to get rid of one car after
    > that, which means I have two NCD cover notes from two insurance
    > providers totalling four NCDs. Does it mean that I can avail aggregated
    > four years NCD(3+1) or it has to be either three or one year NCD?
    >
    > Tried googling, couldn't get confirmed answer. Though many responses
    > talk about "One NCD two Cars" but none talks about "Two NCDs on One
    > car".
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > sherkhanthegreat
    > shammi777

    It's not impossible, but you will need to negotiate assertively with your
    broker. If the two notes are for different time periods, it shouldn't be
    much of a problem. If the times coincide I think you will be unlucky.
    (I am not a broker, but I pay insurance on a fleet & private cars)
    Tigger, Mar 25, 2010
  4. chuckcar Guest

    Re: Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can these be clubbed into one next year?

    "olfart" <> wrote in

    > wtf is an NCD???

    More to the point: why did you bother to reply at *all*?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 25, 2010
  5. rf Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "olfart" <> wrote in
    >

    >> wtf is an NCD???
    >>

    > More to the point: why did you bother to reply at *all*?

    Pot. Kettle.
    rf, Mar 25, 2010
  6. olfart Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "olfart" <> wrote in
    >

    >> wtf is an NCD???
    >>

    > More to the point: why did you bother to reply at *all*?

    just to see if you had your dick out of your hand long enough to use your
    keyboard
    olfart, Mar 25, 2010
  7. Jordon Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > "olfart"<> wrote in
    >

    >> wtf is an NCD???
    >>

    > More to the point: why did you bother to reply at *all*?

    More to what point?
    Jordon, Mar 25, 2010
  8. chuckcar Guest

    Re: Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can these be clubbed into one next year?

    Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> "olfart"<> wrote in
    >>

    >>> wtf is an NCD???
    >>>

    >> More to the point: why did you bother to reply at *all*?

    > More to what point?

    He didn't know what the OP was talking about obviously.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 26, 2010
  9. rf Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> "olfart"<> wrote in

    >>> More to the point: why did you bother to reply at *all*?

    >> More to what point?
    >>

    > He didn't know what the OP was talking about obviously.

    You'd be the expert on that, wouldn't you .
    rf, Mar 26, 2010
  10. Jordon Guest

    Re: Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can thesebe clubbed into one next year?

    See if you can follow this...

    chuckcar wrote:
    > He didn't know what the OP was talking about obviously.

    The only way I can interpret your words is to assume you
    mean... "He obviously didn't know what the OP was talking
    about so why did he even bother to reply". Is that about
    right?

    Do you know how to have a conversation without turning 90
    degrees and taking it off somewhere into nonsenseland?
    Jordon, Mar 26, 2010
  11. olfart Guest

    "Jordon" <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > See if you can follow this...

    > > Jordon wrote
    >>> More to what point?

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> He didn't know what the OP was talking about obviously.

    > The only way I can interpret your words is to assume you
    > mean... "He obviously didn't know what the OP was talking
    > about so why did he even bother to reply". Is that about
    > right?
    >
    > Do you know how to have a conversation without turning 90
    > degrees and taking it off somewhere into nonsenseland?

    I still don't know what an NCD is
    olfart, Mar 26, 2010
  12. Tigger Guest

    Re: Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can thesebe clubbed into one next year?

    olfart writted thus:

    > "Jordon" <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
    >> See if you can follow this...

    >> > Jordon wrote

    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> He didn't know what the OP was talking about obviously.

    >> The only way I can interpret your words is to assume you mean... "He
    >> obviously didn't know what the OP was talking about so why did he even
    >> bother to reply". Is that about right?
    >>
    >> Do you know how to have a conversation without turning 90 degrees and
    >> taking it off somewhere into nonsenseland?

    > I still don't know what an NCD is

    NCD - No Claims Discount, or NCB - No Claims Bonus AFAIK.
    UK car insurers normally reduce the annual premium by 10% for each year
    you don't claim on your motor policy, up to around 7 years, although this
    varies between companies. Your Insurance broker can often negotiate with
    underwriters for a better deal, combined NCD or lower premiums for
    certain or unusual circumstances, like two notes of NCD to be combined.
    Tigger, Mar 26, 2010
  13. olfart Guest

    "Tigger" <> wrote in message
    > olfart writted thus:
    >
    >> "Jordon" <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
    >>> See if you can follow this...

    >>> The only way I can interpret your words is to assume you mean... "He
    >>> obviously didn't know what the OP was talking about so why did he even
    >>> bother to reply". Is that about right?
    >>>
    >>> Do you know how to have a conversation without turning 90 degrees and
    >>> taking it off somewhere into nonsenseland?

    >> I still don't know what an NCD is

    > NCD - No Claims Discount, or NCB - No Claims Bonus AFAIK.
    > UK car insurers normally reduce the annual premium by 10% for each year
    > you don't claim on your motor policy, up to around 7 years, although this
    > varies between companies. Your Insurance broker can often negotiate with
    > underwriters for a better deal, combined NCD or lower premiums for
    > certain or unusual circumstances, like two notes of NCD to be combined.

    Thanks
    olfart, Mar 26, 2010
  14. Tigger Guest

    Re: Two Car Insurance policies earning NCD on two cars...can thesebe clubbed into one next year?

    olfart writted thus:

    <snipped>

    > Thanks

    You're Welcome