two bad things in VS.NET 2k3... :(

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by qod, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. qod

    qod Guest

    when i install DirectX9.0b SDK (the latest version)...i
    dont get the templates in new project's window...

    thats ok...there must be a newer version released soon...

    but another bad thing is that...i am creating a custom
    application...there are many controls...all of them
    needed...the company manager wants every single detail
    about his company sales...

    i put controls in a groupbox...the groupbox is in a
    panel...there are four other panels than this...each
    overlapping the other (i bringtofront() one of them on
    when ever needed)...

    now when i save and close this form designer window and
    reopen it again (loading of controls into designer
    happens here) i see most controls are in different place
    (moved)...i have to rearrange them again...this happens
    even when i go to another window and comeback to the form
    designer again...

    anyone had the same problem?

    sorry if the message was long... :)
    qod, Dec 4, 2003

  2. qod

    Charlie Guest

    Hi,

    Did you try right clicking on the form in the Designer window and
    selecting Lock Controls?

    ¢harlie

    Charlie, Dec 5, 2003

  3. qod

    qod Guest

    yeah...that was the 3rd or 4th thing i did...but it
    doesnt work... :(

    it looks to me that there is some misscalculation on
    positioning the controls in design time...the form is
    borderless and when it first loads in the designer it
    shows with border and then the border is set to none
    which causes the form to get smaller ofourse...but the
    position of some controls changes...i will look in
    InitializeComponent() may be the object initialization's
    order should be changed...but the designer will change it
    back...or i should put the initialization controls in
    another procedure that runs before InitializeComponent()

    :( ...i have to rearrange the controls before each
    compile...this is bad...

    qod, Dec 5, 2003
  4. qod

    ¢harlie Guest

    Are all of the controls' Anchor properties set the same?
    I know that this should not matter in the real world but
    this is software. 8^}

    The control set up should be done in InitializeComponent()
    that part is correct. Was the automatically Designer generated code
    manually modified? Perhaps there's a typo there or a control
    property that is still remaining after the control has been
    removed? The automated stuff doesn't always get this right.

    What happens if you create the controls "on the fly?"

    ¢harlie

    ¢harlie, Dec 5, 2003
  5. qod

    qod Guest

    >Are all of the controls' Anchor properties set the same?
    >I know that this should not matter in the real world but
    >this is software. 8^}

    yeah...they are set to default (top-left).

    >The control set up should be done in InitializeComponent

    ()
    >that part is correct. Was the automatically Designer

    generated code
    >manually modified? Perhaps there's a typo there or a

    control
    >property that is still remaining after the control has

    been
    >removed? The automated stuff doesn't always get this

    right.
    no...non of this happened...i removed some controls but
    they dont exist now...i just checked for this...i didnt
    modified something...

    >What happens if you create the controls "on the fly?"

    well...there will be more than 4000 lines to write for
    control properties...it will take me lots of time...

    but it is ok...thanx for ur and charlie's time...this
    project will be finish this week...next time i will take
    care of this since the begining... :p

    have a nice time... :)
    qod, Dec 5, 2003