    I don't want to do this as I would also lose my most recent bkf file.

    Thanks
    Paul

    Paul Welch, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Paul Welch

    Cub Guest

    "Paul Welch" <> wrote in message
    news:XA1ch.21100$...
    > Using WinXP backup utility I backed up my computer for the 2nd time last
    > night with my external hard drive, and was surprised to see two large bkf
    > files on it. One was from Nov. 17 and one from Dec. 1st.
    >
    > How do I prevent it from having two? And how do I eliminate the old one?
    > Or do I have to do a quick reformat on the external drive? I don't want
    > to do this as I would also lose my most recent bkf file.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Paul

    Does your DELETE key on your keyboard work ?

    YES---------> Delete the old one backup file

    NO ----------> Get a new keyboard

    why would you think that you can't delete the old file ?

    Keep at least 2 backup files on your disk if you have space then if one
    becomes corrupt you can recover from it.

    each time you run the backup it will create a backup with the current date
    time and keep adding them to you external disk

    Cub

    Cub, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Paul Welch

    Paul Welch Guest

    Cub wrote:

    >Does your DELETE key on your keyboard work ?
    >
    >YES---------> Delete the old one backup file
    >

    >NO ----------> Get a new keyboard
    >
    >why would you think that you can't delete the old file ?
    >
    >Keep at least 2 backup files on your disk if you have space then if one
    >becomes corrupt you can recover from it.
    >
    >each time you run the backup it will create a backup with the current date
    >time and keep adding them to you external disk
    >
    >Cub

    Thanks. I was nervous about deleting a 25G File. Paul

    Paul Welch, Dec 2, 2006