    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Dan Guite

    Dan Guite, Nov 17, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Dan Guite <> wrote:
    >I currently have one backbone connection, and I will be replacing it
    >with my new Sprint T1. Through my old connection I have two class
    >C's. Through the new Spring connection I got four.
    >
    >For a router, I have a Cisco 3640. I need to know how to route
    >anything with an old address through the old connection, and anything
    >I give a new address to through the new Sprint connection. This is
    >because I will be renumbering all of my customers and need all
    >existing customers to continue working, and when I renumber them, they
    >need to go through the new connection.

    Look up "policy routing" on the Cisco web site.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Level(3), Woburn, MA

    Barry Margolin, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Dan Guite

    Scooby Guest

    Dan,

    First, it really doesn't matter where the traffic goes out to keep it
    working. Just as long as you do route it out and then handle the incoming
    traffic appropriately, you'll be fine). Especially since it is just
    temporary until you can do the switch over. Personally, I would load
    balance, it gives you the best use of your bandwidth. But, if you really
    want to keep it on the correct network when leaving, here is an example,
    just fill in your own ips.

    int e0/0
    ip policy route-map splitemup

    route-map splitemup 10
    match ip address 101
    set next-hop 11.11.11.11

    route-map splitemup 20
    match ip address 102
    set-next hop 22.22.22.22

    Hope that helps,

    Jim

    Scooby, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Dan Guite

    Dan Guite Guest

    Thanks a bunch, I will definately put this to use.

    I actually have to do it this way, as the providers have filters on
    their respective connections so that only the IPs which they have
    given us will pass over that line.

    Thanks again.

    -Dan

    Dan Guite, Nov 18, 2003