    looking for knowledge also. Any thoughts on my approach?

    Thank you,

    John
    John Smith, Sep 27, 2005

  2. John Smith

    DST Guest

    How much experience do you have
    1) programming?
    2) taking multiple-choice certification exams?

    DST
    DST, Sep 27, 2005

  3. John Smith

    EggHead Guest

    Hi,
    (1) The exam is on VS.net 2003, do not use VS.net 2005, it will confuse you.
    (2) If you do windows programming in VB.net everyday and have few yrs exp.,
    you should be able to pass it by only reading the M$ web site materials or
    MSDN. However, you should take some free tests at M$ site anyway.
    my personal experience:
    70-316 (no MS press book, only some C# books and MSDN, I do development and
    deployment in C#/VS.net/installsheilds for couple yrs) -- np, walk in the
    park
    70-315 (no MS press book, only some ASP.net books and MSDN, I only did a
    couple of ASP.net/C#/VB6.0 projects) -- almost fail (724), the ADO.net saves
    me.
    70-320 (MS press book, I only did one server-side VB.net/C++ project) -- np
    70-229 (no MS press book, I was MCDBA 7.0 and database was my Bsc major) --
    np
    70-300 (MS press book, I learn those similar layer design @ my school as
    well but never do any real architectures work :( -- np
    Egghead

    EggHead, Sep 27, 2005
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Please see my answers below.

    "DST" <> wrote in message

    > How much experience do you have
    > 1) programming?

    10+ Years of Experience. Worked on various technologies. Working on .net
    from past 2 years. Worked on web (asp.net/vb.net) and desktop (vb.net)
    application projects. Very good knowledge of SQL2K.
    > 2) taking multiple-choice certification exams?

    Not even one for certification purpose. But scored well in several
    competitive exams like GRE.......

    John Smith, Sep 27, 2005
  5. John Smith

    DST Guest

    OK, then it's likely you already now enough to pass the exam now.

    Exams you fail do not appear on your MS transcript (I'm pretty sure MS
    is only informed about exams you pass), so you only have some money and
    a couple of hours to lose in case you should fail.

    Read this post from David:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...eb9c19f194?lnk=st&q=&rnum=26#02af8beb9c19f194

    BTW, 70-306 is on VB .NET, not on VS 2003. I did 70-305, 70-306,
    70-310, 70-229 and 70-300 and I didn't get questions about the Visual
    Studio IDE.

    DST
    DST, Sep 27, 2005
  6. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Thank you for the reply.
    John

    John Smith, Sep 27, 2005
  7. John Smith

    Soumya Guest

    Try certyourself.com site. Its free and you can practice questions. And MS
    skill accessment. They helped me, along with my work experioence and MSDN
    online study.
    Best Wishes,

    Soumya, Nov 1, 2005
  8. John Smith