    If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from
    different registered phone numbers, does that work?
    , May 11, 2005

  2. Jono Guest

    wrote:
    || Is it possible to make two 1899 VOIP calls at the same time? My
    || testing indicates not. On my Sipura 2100 it would allow two calls but
    || 1899's service gives beep, beep when you place the second call.
    || It's not any problem with the Sipura, but an administrative
    || limitation of 1899.
    || If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from
    || different registered phone numbers, does that work?

    I'm sure I had to update my SPA's firmware before two simultaneous calls
    could be made with the best codec. Also forwarding (double checking)
    different ports for L1 & L2 made a massive difference.

    I've not tried 2 calls with 1899. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

    Can you make 2 calls with 2 providers?
    Jono, May 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:22:43 +0100, "Jono" <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >|| Is it possible to make two 1899 VOIP calls at the same time? My
    >|| testing indicates not. On my Sipura 2100 it would allow two calls but
    >|| 1899's service gives beep, beep when you place the second call.
    >|| It's not any problem with the Sipura, but an administrative
    >|| limitation of 1899.
    >|| If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from
    >|| different registered phone numbers, does that work?
    >
    >I'm sure I had to update my SPA's firmware before two simultaneous calls
    >could be made with the best codec. Also forwarding (double checking)
    >different ports for L1 & L2 made a massive difference.

    Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
    Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
    if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
    5061?

    >I've not tried 2 calls with 1899. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

    It doesn't work. I just upgraded my 2100's firmware to 3.1.2(b) and
    1899 only allows one call at a time, however I only have one PSTN
    number registered for 1899 service. Perhaps registering two PSTN
    numbers for 1899 would allow two simultaenous 1899VOIP calls? Anyone
    tried this?

    >Can you make 2 calls with 2 providers?

    Yes.
    , May 12, 2005
  4. wrote:
    ||| I'm sure I had to update my SPA's firmware before two simultaneous
    ||| calls could be made with the best codec. Also forwarding (double
    ||| checking) different ports for L1 & L2 made a massive difference.
    || Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
    || Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
    || if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
    || 5061?

    I tend to use 5060 & 5070 - I read that the ports ought to have at least 5
    between them

    ||| I've not tried 2 calls with 1899. Can't imagine why it wouldn't
    ||| work.
    || It doesn't work. I just upgraded my 2100's firmware to 3.1.2(b) and
    || 1899 only allows one call at a time, however I only have one PSTN
    || number registered for 1899 service. Perhaps registering two PSTN
    || numbers for 1899 would allow two simultaenous 1899VOIP calls? Anyone
    || tried this?

    That would [have to] work - just like 2 separate individuals -

    ||| Can you make 2 calls with 2 providers?
    || Yes.

    Then it's a 1899 issue.
    The Cable Guy, May 12, 2005
  5. Linus Surguy Guest

    "The Cable Guy" <21.com> wrote:
    >|| Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
    >|| Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
    >|| if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
    >|| 5061?
    >
    >I tend to use 5060 & 5070 - I read that the ports ought to have at least 5
    >between them

    You are thinking of the RTP ports, which are used in 'chunks' of 4. The SIP port
    address doesnt matter.

    Linus

    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!
    Linus Surguy, May 12, 2005