    to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of activity
    from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?

    Ian.
    Ian Griffiths, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Ian Griffiths

    RR Guest

    Ian Griffiths wrote:

    > I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what
    > happens asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm
    > going to want to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no
    > whispers of activity from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any
    > rumours?

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=815

    (This link is becoming mighty handy...)

    --
    RR

    "That's the problem with individuals: they're always trying."
    - Number 2, "The Prisoner"
    RR, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Ian Griffiths

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Ian Griffiths" <> wrote in message
    > I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what

    happens
    > asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to

    want
    > to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of

    activity
    > from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?

    Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks. Artisan last had the rights
    and released the Season One box set. The studio was just recently
    purchased by Lions Gate. Artisan is currently claiming that sales of
    Season One were too poor to justify further releases, which directly
    contradicts what their own president said in January 2002 (see
    www.dugpa.com).

    Rumor has it that the rights to the series have moved or are about to
    move to Paramount, who have said nothing about the matter one way or the
    other.
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "Ian Griffiths" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what

    > happens
    >
    >>asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to

    > want
    >
    >>to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of

    > activity
    >
    >>from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?

    > Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks. Artisan last had the rights
    > and released the Season One box set. The studio was just recently
    > purchased by Lions Gate. Artisan is currently claiming that sales of
    > Season One were too poor to justify further releases, which directly
    > contradicts what their own president said in January 2002 (see
    > www.dugpa.com).
    >
    > Rumor has it that the rights to the series have moved or are about to
    > move to Paramount, who have said nothing about the matter one way or the
    > other.

    The rights to Twin Peaks now reside with Paramount, who released Series
    1 internationally. No word on a decent (ie not the Spanish POS version
    transferred from VHS) DVD for Series 2, anywhere.
    Tallulah Blanket, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Ian Griffiths wrote:

    > I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what happens
    > asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to want
    > to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of activity
    > from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?

    I have all the boxed sets on LD...

    Darrel :)
    Darrel Christenson, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Ian Griffiths

    G. M. Watson Guest

    ----------
    In article <boud9s$dm2$>, "Ian Griffiths"
    <> wrote:

    > I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what happens
    > asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to want
    > to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of activity
    > from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?

    I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you've seen the whole of Season 1,
    you've seen the best segment of the entire series. It never really reached
    that level of quality again (and missed it by a country mile more often than
    not).
    Geez, I really should get around to putting my LD sets on eBay...

    G. M. Watson, Nov 13, 2003
  7. Ian Griffiths

    TonyAtRest Guest

    as with Larry Sanders, this continues to suck.

    Tony

    "I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

    Buzzcocks, 1976
    TonyAtRest, Nov 13, 2003
  8. Ian Griffiths

    jayembee Guest

    "G. M. Watson" <> wrote:

    > I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you've seen the
    > whole of Season 1, you've seen the best segment of the
    > entire series. It never really reached that level of
    > quality again

    I disagree. At the very least, the rest of the Laura Palmer
    storyline -- which covers almost half of the second season
    -- was as strong as anything in the first season. I'm even
    inclined to say that the episode where Maddy is killed may
    be the strongest episode in the entire series.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Nov 13, 2003
  9. Ian Griffiths

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << I'm even
    inclined to say that the episode where Maddy is killed may
    be the strongest episode in the entire series. >><BR><BR>

    I agree, though I've always considered her murder as maybe the most violent
    death scene ever filmed for a regular TV series.
    SoHillsGuy, Nov 13, 2003
  10. ----- Original Message -----
    Ian Griffiths, Nov 13, 2003
  11. Ian Griffiths wrote:

> [...]

    The R2 DVD was released by Paramount, not Universal.
    Tallulah Blanket, Nov 13, 2003
  12. Ian Griffiths

    jayembee Guest

    (SoHillsGuy) wrote:

    >> I'm even inclined to say that the episode where Maddy
    >> is killed may be the strongest episode in the entire series.

    > I agree, though I've always considered her murder as maybe the
    > most violent death scene ever filmed for a regular TV series.

    Well, certainly. That's part of what made it so gripping.
    Laura's death wasn't that big an impact on the viewer because
    it happened before the start of the series, before we even
    got to know her as a character. Maddy's death happened *after*
    we'd come to like her, and so her brutal death really got us
    where it hurt.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Nov 13, 2003
  13. Ian Griffiths

    > > Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks.

    > Maybe not in the US, but my R2 boxset has Universal written on the top

    :)

    Is it a bootleg with a fake banner?

    Universal has never had the rights to the show anywhere in the world.
    Paramount currently has the international distribution rights (and
    perhaps the domestic as well).
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 13, 2003
  14. Ian Griffiths

    Jeffman Guest

    Jeffman, Nov 14, 2003
  15. No, I bought it front HMV. My friends also have Universal on theirs.

    Their site is here, it seems to be a 'playback' label of Universal.

    http://www.universal-playback.com/

    Ian.

    Ian Griffiths, Nov 14, 2003
  16. Mark Aldridge, Nov 14, 2003
  17. Ian Griffiths

    > No, I bought it front HMV. My friends also have Universal on theirs.
    >
    > Their site is here, it seems to be a 'playback' label of Universal.
    >
    > http://www.universal-playback.com/

    Weird.

    All right. Looks like I was misinformed.
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 14, 2003
  18. Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "Ian Griffiths" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>No, I bought it front HMV. My friends also have Universal on theirs.
    >>
    >>Their site is here, it seems to be a 'playback' label of Universal.
    >>
    >>http://www.universal-playback.com/

    > Weird.
    >
    > All right. Looks like I was misinformed.

    The R4 is released by Paramount and, apparently, Paramount now own
    rights to Series 2 throughout the world.
    Tallulah Blanket, Nov 15, 2003