Twenty Compact Digital Cameras from Canon in 2004

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by swangdb@auburn.edu, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Guest

    , Dec 18, 2003

  2. dot Guest

    Oh Great!
    I just purchased a Canon s50 which has already been out for a while from
    what I understand. I know this is always the case in technology but I had
    wished for a little more "bragging rights" time. ;-)
    dot

    <> wrote in message
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03121801canons20newcamera.asp

    --
    David Swanger
    Office of Information Technology

    dot, Dec 18, 2003

  3. iSteal Guest

    Will the purple fringing option still be available?

    iSteal, Dec 18, 2003
  4. dot Guest

    That's the first thing I looked for when I got my Canon. Haven't seen any
    but then I've only had the camera for 2 weeks.
    dot

    dot, Dec 18, 2003
  5. R2D2 Guest

    "dot" <> wrote in

    > Oh Great!
    > I just purchased a Canon s50 which has already been out for a while
    > from what I understand. I know this is always the case in technology
    > but I had wished for a little more "bragging rights" time. ;-)
    > dot

    The S50 was never anything to brag about.

    R2D2, Dec 18, 2003
  6. iSteal Guest

    Oh I wouldn't feel bad at all, that will still be a nice camera years from
    now. Even though I knew about the purple fringe issue long ago, I bought an
    A80 when they came out. Sure, you can see it when you shoot facing into
    bright light, (it shows up in tree branches against the sky) but I don't
    normally focus that closely on each little detail like that.

    There will always be something better coming along. Not long ago I read that
    digital cameras were at the same stage now, that computers were 10 to 12
    years ago. I tend to agree, so these current cameras are probably the
    386/486's of their time.

    iSteal, Dec 18, 2003
  7. DHB Guest

    Interesting analogy since the Canon Digital Rebel / 300D / KISS
    is rumored to be using DR DOS as it's operating system.

    Have you attempted to buy a new cell phone lately? They are getting to
    be like a Swiss Army Knife. Many have a built-in PDA, Digital Camera, GPS,
    Downloadable Ring Tunes & etc., etc.,.......

    Respectfully, DHB

    DHB, Dec 19, 2003
  8. dot Guest

    For whatever reason you needed to say that R2D2, I'll concede.
    Your needs are bigger than mine.
    dot

    "R2D2" <> wrote in message

    dot, Dec 19, 2003
  9. IK Guest

    In article <tnrEb.664$>,
    says...
    > Interesting analogy since the Canon Digital Rebel / 300D / KISS
    > is rumored to be using DR DOS as it's operating system.

    My 2004 prediction for a Slashdot headline: "Running Linux on the Canon
    300D"

    IK, Dec 19, 2003
  10. On 2003-12-19, IK <> wrote:

    > In article <tnrEb.664$>,
    > says...
    >> Interesting analogy since the Canon Digital Rebel / 300D / KISS
    >> is rumored to be using DR DOS as it's operating system.

    > My 2004 prediction for a Slashdot headline: "Running Linux on the Canon
    > 300D"

    Which means we can get better white balance, and more features than the
    10D :)

    Povl H. Pedersen, Dec 19, 2003
  11. Mark B. Guest

    "dot" <> wrote in message
    > Oh Great!
    > I just purchased a Canon s50 which has already been out for a while from
    > what I understand. I know this is always the case in technology but I had
    > wished for a little more "bragging rights" time. ;-)
    > dot

    Don't worry about it. No matter what you buy or when you buy it, there's
    going to be something 'just around the corner'. It's going to be that way
    for a while in digital photography. Your camera will still actually
    function just fine ;-)

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 20, 2003