Tweak request

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Philippe, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. Philippe

    Philippe Guest

    Philippe, Nov 10, 2006

  2. "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    news:vz55h.483$ae6.355@clgrps13...
    > Hi All
    >
    > I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    > computer..
    >
    > I've got a basic unaltered shot here..

    > I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >
    > Thks
    >
    > :)
    > P.

    Working ...... working ...... Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated

    www.rudybenner.com/utility both files are there.

    Very basic stuff, duplicate layer, levels, history brush.

    Rudy Benner \(All_Thumbs\), Nov 10, 2006

  3. Philippe

    Philippe Guest

    Rudy Benner (All_Thumbs) wrote:
    > "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    >> computer..
    >>
    >> I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>
    >> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>
    >> I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>
    >> Thks
    >>
    >> :)
    >> P.

    > Working ...... working ...... Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated
    >
    > www.rudybenner.com/utility both files are there.
    >
    > Very basic stuff, duplicate layer, levels, history brush.

    Thks.. time to look into the computer side a bit more.. I've got PsP 11
    which should be able to do some of this stuff..

    :p

    P.

    Philippe, Nov 10, 2006
  4. Philippe

    Mark² Guest

    Philippe wrote:
    > Rudy Benner (All_Thumbs) wrote:
    >> "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All
    >>>
    >>> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot
    >>> on a computer..
    >>>
    >>> I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>>
    >>> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>>
    >>> I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>>
    >>> Thks
    >>>
    >>> :)
    >>> P.

    >> Working ...... working ...... Resistance is futile, you will be
    >> assimilated ....
    >>
    >> www.rudybenner.com/utility both files are there.
    >>
    >> Very basic stuff, duplicate layer, levels, history brush.
    >>

    > Thks.. time to look into the computer side a bit more.. I've got PsP
    > 11 which should be able to do some of this stuff..

    Stick with the original.
    If you try to drag out that detail, it just looks like a mistake.
    The silhouette is an interesting mixture of shape, contrast, and pattern.
    The "filled in" image just looks like an underexposed mistake.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 10, 2006
  5. Philippe

    Philippe Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > Philippe wrote:
    >> Rudy Benner (All_Thumbs) wrote:
    >>> "Philippe" <> wrote in message

    >>> Working ...... working ...... Resistance is futile, you will be
    >>> assimilated ....
    >>>
    >>> www.rudybenner.com/utility both files are there.
    >>>
    >>> Very basic stuff, duplicate layer, levels, history brush.
    >>>

    >> Thks.. time to look into the computer side a bit more.. I've got PsP
    >> 11 which should be able to do some of this stuff..

    > Stick with the original.
    > If you try to drag out that detail, it just looks like a mistake.
    > The silhouette is an interesting mixture of shape, contrast, and pattern.
    > The "filled in" image just looks like an underexposed mistake.
    >
    > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > www.pbase.com/markuson

    I really like the original.. but the techniques used to tweak it are
    quite interesting, and offer a lot of potential on shots I may not like
    as much.. so it's definitely something I have to look up..

    :)

    P.

    Philippe, Nov 10, 2006
  6. "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    > Rudy Benner (All_Thumbs) wrote:
    >> "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All
    >>>
    >>> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    >>> computer..
    >>>
    >>> I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>>
    >>> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>>
    >>> I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>>
    >>> Thks
    >>>
    >>> :)
    >>> P.

    >> Working ...... working ...... Resistance is futile, you will be
    >> assimilated ....
    >>
    >> www.rudybenner.com/utility both files are there.
    >>
    >> Very basic stuff, duplicate layer, levels, history brush.
    >>

    > Thks.. time to look into the computer side a bit more.. I've got PsP 11
    > which should be able to do some of this stuff..
    >
    > :p
    >
    > P.

    Yes, PSP will do a lot. Adobe Photoshop Elements is also good and will make
    the transition to Photoshop CS2 easier.

    http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/10 October/slides/DSC_0290.html
    http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/10 October/slides/DSC_0673.html
    http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/07 July/slides/DSC_7555.html
    http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/06 June/slides/DSC_7460.html
    http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/08 August/slides/DSC_8776.html

    ..............a little bit of shameless self promotion. Yes, I like birds.

    Rudy Benner \(All_Thumbs\), Nov 10, 2006
  7. Philippe

    bongo Guest

    "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> Philippe wrote:

    >>> Thks.. time to look into the computer side a bit more.. I've got PsP
    >>> 11 which should be able to do some of this stuff..

    >> Stick with the original.
    >> If you try to drag out that detail, it just looks like a mistake.
    >> The silhouette is an interesting mixture of shape, contrast, and pattern.
    >> The "filled in" image just looks like an underexposed mistake.
    >>
    >> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    >> www.pbase.com/markuson
    >>

    > I really like the original.. but the techniques used to tweak it are quite
    > interesting, and offer a lot of potential on shots I may not like as
    > much.. so it's definitely something I have to look up..
    >
    > :)
    >
    > P.

    tweaked as requested

    hope this is the sort of thing you were on about.

    bongo, Nov 10, 2006
  8. Philippe

    Philippe Guest

    bongo wrote:
    > "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    >> Mark² wrote:

    >>> Stick with the original.
    >>> If you try to drag out that detail, it just looks like a mistake.
    >>> The silhouette is an interesting mixture of shape, contrast, and pattern.
    >>> The "filled in" image just looks like an underexposed mistake.
    >>>
    >>> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    >>> www.pbase.com/markuson
    >>>

    >> I really like the original.. but the techniques used to tweak it are quite
    >> interesting, and offer a lot of potential on shots I may not like as
    >> much.. so it's definitely something I have to look up..
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> P.

    > tweaked as requested
    >

    > hope this is the sort of thing you were on about.

    *very* cool.. Like I said up-thread.. I *like* the original (I like the
    feel of it) but I was curious as to what you could do with it if you
    tried playing with it.. My efforts (very green at manipulations) always
    made it look hoaky..

    Thks!
    P.

    Philippe, Nov 10, 2006
  9. Philippe

    Philippe Guest

    Rudy Benner (All_Thumbs) wrote:
    > "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    >> Rudy Benner (All_Thumbs) wrote:
    >>> "Philippe" <> wrote in message

    >>> Working ...... working ...... Resistance is futile, you will be
    >>> assimilated ....
    >>>
    >>> www.rudybenner.com/utility both files are there.
    >>>
    >>> Very basic stuff, duplicate layer, levels, history brush.
    >>>

    >> Thks.. time to look into the computer side a bit more.. I've got PsP 11
    >> which should be able to do some of this stuff..
    >>
    >> :p
    >>
    >> P.

    > Yes, PSP will do a lot. Adobe Photoshop Elements is also good and will make
    > the transition to Photoshop CS2 easier.
    >
    > http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/10 October/slides/DSC_0290.html
    > http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/10 October/slides/DSC_0673.html
    > http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/07 July/slides/DSC_7555.html
    > http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/06 June/slides/DSC_7460.html
    > http://rudybenner.com/album/Timmins Stuff/2006 stuff/08 August/slides/DSC_8776.html
    >
    > .............a little bit of shameless self promotion. Yes, I like birds.

    Birds are fun when they're co-operative..

    ;)

    Nice shots, btw.
    P.

    Philippe, Nov 10, 2006
  10. Philippe

    Scott W Guest

    Philippe wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    > computer..
    >
    > I've got a basic unaltered shot here..

    > I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >
    > Thks
    >
    > :)
    > P.

    I had a hard time pulling out any good detail but I think I got most of
    it.

    http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original

    I used the binomial synthesis method, otherwise known as the BS method.

    Since I found I only needed to use the binomial synthesis method, no
    other adjustments were needed, my version would be considered pure BS.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 10, 2006
  11. Philippe

    Frank ess Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > Philippe wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot
    >> on
    >> a computer..
    >>
    >> I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>
    >> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>
    >> I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>
    >> Thks
    >>
    >> :)
    >> P.

    > I had a hard time pulling out any good detail but I think I got most
    > of it.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original
    >
    > I used the binomial synthesis method, otherwise known as the BS
    > method.
    >
    > Since I found I only needed to use the binomial synthesis method, no
    > other adjustments were needed, my version would be considered pure
    > BS.

    Subtitle:
    "Revealing Yout Inner Drake"

    Frank ess, Nov 11, 2006
  12. Philippe

    bongo Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > Scott W wrote:
    >> Philippe wrote:
    >>> Hi All
    >>>
    >>> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on
    >>> a computer..
    >>>
    >>> I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>>
    >>> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>>
    >>> I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>>
    >>> Thks
    >>>
    >>> :)
    >>> P.

    >> I had a hard time pulling out any good detail but I think I got most
    >> of it.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original
    >>
    >> I used the binomial synthesis method, otherwise known as the BS
    >> method.
    >>
    >> Since I found I only needed to use the binomial synthesis method, no
    >> other adjustments were needed, my version would be considered pure BS.
    >>

    > Subtitle:
    > "Revealing Yout Inner Drake"

    very interesting,
    the original picture is of a female mallard, yours is showing a male
    mallard,
    i get the impresion that you have cheated :)

    the original http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261

    mine http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5190024

    yours http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original

    bongo, Nov 11, 2006
  13. Philippe

    Mark² Guest

    bongo wrote:
    > "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    >> Scott W wrote:

    >>> I had a hard time pulling out any good detail but I think I got most
    >>> of it.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original
    >>>
    >>> I used the binomial synthesis method, otherwise known as the BS
    >>> method.
    >>>
    >>> Since I found I only needed to use the binomial synthesis method, no
    >>> other adjustments were needed, my version would be considered pure
    >>> BS.

    >> Subtitle:
    >> "Revealing Yout Inner Drake"

    > very interesting,
    > the original picture is of a female mallard, yours is showing a male
    > mallard,
    > i get the impresion that you have cheated :)

    All you got was an *impression*??
    ;)

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 11, 2006
  14. Philippe

    bongo Guest

    > bongo wrote:
    >> "Frank ess" <> wrote in message

    >>> Subtitle:
    >>> "Revealing Yout Inner Drake"

    >> very interesting,
    >> the original picture is of a female mallard, yours is showing a male
    >> mallard,
    >> i get the impresion that you have cheated :)

    > All you got was an *impression*??
    > ;)
    >

    > --
    > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:

    just being polite ;-)

    bongo, Nov 11, 2006
  15. Philippe

    Scott W Guest

    bongo wrote:
    > > bongo wrote:
    > >> "Frank ess" <> wrote in message

    > >> very interesting,
    > >> the original picture is of a female mallard, yours is showing a male
    > >> mallard,
    > >> i get the impresion that you have cheated :)

    > > All you got was an *impression*??
    > > ;)
    > >

    > > --
    > > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:

    > just being polite ;-)

    That is the problem in the world today, just not enough trust.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 11, 2006
  16. Philippe

    philippe Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > Philippe wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    >> computer..
    >>
    >> I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>
    >> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>
    >> I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>
    >> Thks
    >>
    >> :)
    >> P.

    > I had a hard time pulling out any good detail but I think I got most of
    > it.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original
    >
    > I used the binomial synthesis method, otherwise known as the BS method.
    >
    > Since I found I only needed to use the binomial synthesis method, no
    > other adjustments were needed, my version would be considered pure BS.
    >
    > Scott

    Sorry, but I've already mastered the BS method, so this technique, while
    interesting, is hardly new to me.. (8 years in the military.. I mean
    come on.. if *anybody* can BS.....)

    :D

    P.

    philippe, Nov 11, 2006
  17. Philippe

    timeOday Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > Philippe wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All
    >>
    >> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    >>computer..
    >>
    >>I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>
    >>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>
    >>I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>
    >>Thks
    >>
    >>:)
    >>P.

    > I had a hard time pulling out any good detail but I think I got most of
    > it.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original
    >
    > I used the binomial synthesis method, otherwise known as the BS method.
    >
    > Since I found I only needed to use the binomial synthesis method, no
    > other adjustments were needed, my version would be considered pure BS.
    >
    > Scott

    A bit too much grain. A little more postprocessing never hurts...
    <http://www.theknack.net/duck.jpg>

    timeOday, Nov 12, 2006
  18. "timeOday" <> wrote in message
    > Scott W wrote:
    >> Philippe wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All
    >>>
    >>> I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    >>>computer..
    >>>
    >>>I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >>>
    >>>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >>>
    >>>I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.
    >>>
    >>>Thks
    >>>
    >>>:)
    >>>P.

    >> I had a hard time pulling out any good detail but I think I got most of
    >> it.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70008418/original
    >>
    >> I used the binomial synthesis method, otherwise known as the BS method.
    >>
    >> Since I found I only needed to use the binomial synthesis method, no
    >> other adjustments were needed, my version would be considered pure BS.
    >>
    >> Scott
    >>

    > A bit too much grain. A little more postprocessing never hurts...
    > <http://www.theknack.net/duck.jpg>

    That is probably a male?

    Rudy Benner \(All_Thumbs\), Nov 12, 2006
  19. Philippe

    acl Guest

    Off topic, but how's the distal humerus?

    acl, Nov 12, 2006
  20. On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:47:23 GMT, Philippe
    <> wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    > I'm still using P/S (can't justify DSLR yet) but I'm not that hot on a
    >computer..
    >
    >I've got a basic unaltered shot here..
    >
    >http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5133261
    >
    >I'd love to see what can be done with it, if anything.

    Here's a straightforward application of the
    Shadows/Highlights tool in CS2:

    <http://www.terrapinphoto.com/5133261-md-tweak.jpg>

    One could push much harder on the controls --
    but I chose not to. There was no masking involved.

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com

    Raphael Bustin, Nov 12, 2006