    correctly because the file is there. I also can't find any updated drivers
    or files for this software.

    Any and all help appreciated.

    JW, Dec 15, 2003

  2. JW

    Iamme Guest

    Without the model of the scanner, here are some general pointers to where
    you might find what you are looking for.

    First Try the Manufacturer website:
    http://global.acer.com/support/index.htm
    and then Try looking here: http://www.driverguide.com
    or Windows Update:
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

    <M>

    "JW" <> wrote in message
    > I am running windows xp pro. I am getting the following error when I try

    > acquire a new image with my scanner.
    >
    > Twain error (T009) error opening twain data source.Unable to find the

    twain
    > source manager (Twain.dll ) Please copy the twain.dll file from your

    source
    > disk to your windows folder.
    >
    > I am using Ulead Iphoto plus 4 software, and my scanner is an Acer Prism.

    It
    > worked correctly on windows 98. I just recently upgraded to XP.
    >
    > I also copied the twain dll file to the windows folder. I assume I did

    this

    Iamme, Dec 15, 2003

  3. JW

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:43:05 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

    > I am using Ulead Iphoto plus 4 software, and my scanner is an Acer Prism. It
    > worked correctly on windows 98. I just recently upgraded to XP.

    A little bit of snooping revealed links from Acer driver downloads for
    scanners to Benq driver downloads. Maybe you could see if any model
    numbers match yours and try the appropriate XP driver. If not buy a new
    scanner, or use Win98 for scanning.

    http://www.benq.com/drivers/imaging_drivers.html

    B.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Dec 15, 2003