    does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
    for XP.

    thanks
    Sherpa, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Sherpa

    Alan Meyer Guest

    "Sherpa" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hello all,
    > does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
    > for XP.
    >
    > thanks

    You shouldn't need one for Windows XP. It is built in to the
    operating system. All of the camera manufacturers sell
    cameras with cables that can be plugged into a USB port
    and will appear in Windows Explorer, or in a command window,
    as if it were a disk drive. You can read and write to the
    camera's memory card directly just using the built-in
    Windows driver.

    The same is also true for memory card readers. They
    require no special drivers under Windows XP.

    Alan
    Alan Meyer, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Sherpa

    Sherpa Guest

    Thanks Alan,
    I was trying to pull up a live image in another application and snap a
    picture from there. I'm currently using an Integral FlashPoint video card
    but would like to trigger a flash as well.

    Sherpa, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Sherpa

    Matt Ion Guest

    Sherpa wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
    > for XP.

    TWAIN is obsolete for XP; the new standard is WIA - Windows Image
    Acquisition.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0514-2, 04/08/2005
    Tested on: 4/9/2005 11:45:35 PM
    Matt Ion, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Sherpa

    Stewy Guest

    In article <rY36e.942613$Xk.772761@pd7tw3no>,
    Matt Ion <> wrote:

    > Sherpa wrote:
    > > Hello all,
    > > does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
    > > for XP.

    > TWAIN is obsolete for XP; the new standard is WIA - Windows Image
    > Acquisition.

    Not quite so! I've tried that WIA and it's a clunky piece of poo when
    using with a scanner. If you're using either a film or flatbed scanner
    you'll need a TWAIN source within Photoshop.
    Stewy, Apr 11, 2005