    Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
    yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
    flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on
    blanking, Oct 29, 2007

  2. blanking

    none Guest

    blanking wrote:
    > Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
    > yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
    > flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

    They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac :-(

    XP/IE only afaik fwiw.
    none, Oct 29, 2007

  3. blanking

    geoff Guest

    blanking wrote:
    > Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
    > yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very
    > short flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for
    > ever on "loading now" and no further data is received.

    Probably just another case of customer and provider expectations of the NZ
    internet backbone's capacity fro tyraffic not matching reality.

    geoff
    geoff, Oct 29, 2007
  4. blanking

    nod Guest

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:00:48 +1300, "blanking" <blanking@brain> wrote:

    >Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
    >yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
    >flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

    I am miles away from an exchange and only receive minimum broadband
    speeds.
    I have just checked out tvnzondemand and had no problems at all with
    it. Great sound and vision. Pity the programs are so crappy.
    nod, Oct 29, 2007
  5. blanking

    ChrisOD Guest

    In article <47259c61$>, blanking wrote:

    > "none" <> wrote in message
    >> blanking wrote:
    >>> Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
    >>> yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
    >>> flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

    >> They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac :-(
    >>
    >> XP/IE only afaik fwiw.

    > Thanks a lot, last time i used it it worked with firefox so I did not think
    > to try i.e, pretty stupid that it does not work with the most popular chosen
    > webbrowser. Works perfectly in i.e for me. I guess the i.e and xp only is
    > for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and controlled unlike
    > firefox and other o.s's.

    I just used it on firefox on vista!

    Maybe you have a flash plugin issue?

    And I used it on a friends mac on the weekend, so have no idea what
    the OP's issue might be.
    ChrisOD, Oct 29, 2007
  6. blanking

    ChrisOD Guest

    In article <fg43og$5n5$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <47259c61$>, blanking wrote:
    >
    >> I guess the i.e
    >> and xp only is for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and
    >> controlled unlike firefox and other o.s's.

    > Unfortunately, this kind of thing just puts the customers off the product.
    > Treating your customers like criminals is not the way to attract their
    > business.

    If we are going to have a conspiracy theory I blame it on the space bats.

    Unfortunatley it seems it does work on firefox, just something else is
    wrong with the OP's setup.

    But that does not mean the evil space bats aren't taking over the world.
    ChrisOD, Oct 29, 2007
  7. blanking

    blanking Guest

    blanking, Oct 29, 2007

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 29, 2007
  9. blanking

    blanking Guest

    "ChrisOD" <> wrote in message
    > In article <47259c61$>, blanking wrote:
    >>
    >> "none" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac :-(
    >>>
    >>> XP/IE only afaik fwiw.

    >> Thanks a lot, last time i used it it worked with firefox so I did not
    >> think
    >> to try i.e, pretty stupid that it does not work with the most popular
    >> chosen
    >> webbrowser. Works perfectly in i.e for me. I guess the i.e and xp only is
    >> for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and controlled
    >> unlike
    >> firefox and other o.s's.
    >>

    > I just used it on firefox on vista!
    >
    > Maybe you have a flash plugin issue?
    >
    > And I used it on a friends mac on the weekend, so have no idea what
    > the OP's issue might be.

    I am using winxp and firefox, never had a flash plugin issue with it before
    and noticed no problems with this anywhere else, but maybe they changed
    something that now causes a problem with my flash or maybe it does not work
    with firefox and winxp anymore, can anyone confirm?
    blanking, Oct 29, 2007
  10. blanking

    blanking Guest

    "ChrisOD" <> wrote in message
    > In article <fg43og$5n5$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <47259c61$>, blanking wrote:
    >>
    >>> I guess the i.e
    >>> and xp only is for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and
    >>> controlled unlike firefox and other o.s's.

    >> Unfortunately, this kind of thing just puts the customers off the
    >> product.
    >> Treating your customers like criminals is not the way to attract their
    >> business.

    > If we are going to have a conspiracy theory I blame it on the space bats.
    >
    > Unfortunatley it seems it does work on firefox, just something else is
    > wrong with the OP's setup.
    >
    > But that does not mean the evil space bats aren't taking over the world.

    But does it work with firefox on winxp, vista is more tightly locked up so
    maybe they allow firefox only on vista now.
    blanking, Oct 29, 2007
  11. In message <>, ChrisOD wrote:

    > In article <fg43og$5n5$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In message <47259c61$>, blanking wrote:
    >>
    >>> I guess the i.e
    >>> and xp only is for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and
    >>> controlled unlike firefox and other o.s's.

    >> Unfortunately, this kind of thing just puts the customers off the
    >> product. Treating your customers like criminals is not the way to attract
    >> their business.

    > If we are going to have a conspiracy theory I blame it on the space bats.

    It's not a conspiracy, it's just wilful stupidity, and a refusal to learn
    from past mistakes.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 29, 2007
  12. blanking

    sam Guest

    blanking wrote:
    > "ChrisOD" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <47259c61$>, blanking wrote:
    >>> "none" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks a lot, last time i used it it worked with firefox so I did not
    >>> think
    >>> to try i.e, pretty stupid that it does not work with the most popular
    >>> chosen
    >>> webbrowser. Works perfectly in i.e for me. I guess the i.e and xp only is
    >>> for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and controlled
    >>> unlike
    >>> firefox and other o.s's.
    >>>

    >> I just used it on firefox on vista!
    >>
    >> Maybe you have a flash plugin issue?
    >>
    >> And I used it on a friends mac on the weekend, so have no idea what
    >> the OP's issue might be.

    > I am using winxp and firefox, never had a flash plugin issue with it before
    > and noticed no problems with this anywhere else, but maybe they changed
    > something that now causes a problem with my flash or maybe it does not work
    > with firefox and winxp anymore, can anyone confirm?

    It works here with Firefox on XP with Adobe Flashplayer 9.0

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.8)
    Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47

    Enter about:plugins as a url to check your flash version
    sam, Oct 29, 2007
  13. blanking

    blanking Guest

    "sam" <> wrote in message news:4725a69f$...
    > blanking wrote:
    >> "ChrisOD" <> wrote in message

    >>> I just used it on firefox on vista!
    >>>
    >>> Maybe you have a flash plugin issue?
    >>>
    >>> And I used it on a friends mac on the weekend, so have no idea what
    >>> the OP's issue might be.

    >> I am using winxp and firefox, never had a flash plugin issue with it
    >> before and noticed no problems with this anywhere else, but maybe they
    >> changed something that now causes a problem with my flash or maybe it
    >> does not work with firefox and winxp anymore, can anyone confirm?

    > It works here with Firefox on XP with Adobe Flashplayer 9.0
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008
    > Firefox/2.0.0.8
    > Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >
    > Enter about:plugins as a url to check your flash version

    Thanks, i have flash 9.0 r28 so I will look at updating
    blanking, Oct 29, 2007
  14. blanking

    sam Guest

    blanking wrote:
    > "sam" <> wrote in message news:4725a69f$...
    >> blanking wrote:
    >>> "ChrisOD" <> wrote in message

    >>> I am using winxp and firefox, never had a flash plugin issue with it
    >>> before and noticed no problems with this anywhere else, but maybe they
    >>> changed something that now causes a problem with my flash or maybe it
    >>> does not work with firefox and winxp anymore, can anyone confirm?

    >> It works here with Firefox on XP with Adobe Flashplayer 9.0
    >>
    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008
    >> Firefox/2.0.0.8
    >> Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >>
    >> Enter about:plugins as a url to check your flash version

    > Thanks, i have flash 9.0 r28 so I will look at updating

    I just updated, but it was working on r28 too.
    Perhaps check that your javascript and java are enabled, I can't think
    of anythin else
    sam, Oct 29, 2007
  15. blanking

    geoff Guest

    none wrote:
    > blanking wrote:
    >> Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
    >> yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very
    >> short flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for
    >> ever on "loading now" and no further data is received.

    > They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac :-(

    But everything always works effortlessly on a Mac and only Windows PCs have
    problems...

    geoff
    geoff, Oct 29, 2007
  16. blanking

    Richard Guest

    geoff wrote:

    > But everything always works effortlessly on a Mac and only Windows PCs have
    > problems...

    And when a mac crashes, "it's never done that before" and must be the
    fault of some other piece of equipment, as someone who recently tried to
    present from their mac said when it locked up twice when they tried to
    use a projector.. Funny, about 6 pc machines, windows xp, vista, and
    linux all worked fine on the projector. The guy then tried to blame the
    obscure connector to VGA adapter since it never gave problems on his
    protector but that was DVI instead (Only a mac needs you to buy an
    adapter to use an industry standard output)

    What a hoot it was too, he was telling us how fast and stable his new
    mac was just before too. We still give him shit about it.
    Richard, Oct 30, 2007
  17. blanking

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Richard <> wrote in news:4726f39b$:

    > What a hoot it was too, he was telling us how fast and stable his new
    > mac was just before too. We still give him shit about it.

    Fun geek fun.
    I am amazed computers and operating systems actually work at all. The more
    you learn about the deeper levels of the systems you realize that so many
    layers are dependant on the other.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Oct 31, 2007
  18. In message <Xns99DAEE389EDC8daveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6>, Dave Taylor
    wrote:

    > I am amazed computers and operating systems actually work at all. The
    > more you learn about the deeper levels of the systems you realize that so
    > many layers are dependant on the other.

    Just remember Conway's Law: any engineered system reflects the
    organizational structure that produced it.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 1, 2007