TV3 On Demand - How to capture ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Jul 13, 2009.

  1. Anyone had any success? (I haven't)

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Jul 13, 2009

  2. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    Woger Guest

    On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:09:37 +1200, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone had any success? (I haven't)

    Have a look in the Temp Internet files for xxx.flv files..

    Woger, Jul 14, 2009

  3. In message <>, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    > Anyone had any success? (I haven't)

    I just tried the network-debugging feature in Firebug. For instance, I went
    to this page
    <http://www.3news.co.nz/Will-man-once-again-land-on-the-moon/tabid/311/articleID/113072/Default.aspx?articleID=113072#video>, and
    watched the GET commands appear one by one until the video started playing.
    I noticed one entry with status "206 Partial Content", moused over it, and
    noticed that the URL was <http://flash.mediaworks.co.nz/tv3/streams/_definst_/News/20090718/6n_moon_180709_128K.flv>,
    which ended with .flv. Bingo, I thought. So I did a wget on that URL in
    another window, tried playing the resulting file, and sure enough, it
    was the video clip.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 19, 2009