    literate at all, so any kind of help would be appreciated. I tried
    googling for help on this, but with no luck.

    Thanks in advance.
    sweelinck, May 27, 2006

  2. sweelinck

    Tee Jay Guest

    sweelinck wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but what the
    > heck.
    >
    > I recently purchased a Leadtek tv2000xp tv card turner. The
    > instructions explain that to get sound from it I have to connect a
    > cable from the tv card to the sound card or mother board. My Dell XPS
    > 400 came with no such sound card and on inspection of the mother board,
    > can see no audio connector. Am I missing something? I'm not computer
    > literate at all, so any kind of help would be appreciated. I tried
    > googling for help on this, but with no luck.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Dell site says:
    Audio: 7.1 Channel Out (3 jacks), line in, microphone and headphones (front)

    Use the Line in.
    Tee Jay
    Tee Jay, May 27, 2006

  3. sweelinck

    sweelinck Guest

    No, this is all inside the computer. No? The cable that is supposed to
    connect to the tv card is not a head phone type of jack if that is what
    you are refering to. The cable is a four-hole type of thingy that looks
    like any other type of cable that connects inside the computer. It is
    impossible to connect it to a headphone type input jack. In the
    instructions it states that the tv card should be connected to the
    sound card (pci card i think is what it's called(?)) or directly to the
    mother board. There are several unused connections on the mother board,
    but none match the cable in question. Anybody else have a solution
    please?

    I'll also check the Dell website, too.

    Thanks again.
    sweelinck, May 27, 2006