    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2008

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie.
    I am not currently using these kind of cards, but here are some options:
    http://www.kozumi-usa.com/KTV01c.html
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer Products/PCTV/PCTV/
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 23, 2008

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Andy Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:45:43 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
    >and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
    >since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
    >basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
    >video card he bought for his son.
    >
    >OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

    FusionHDTV ATSC
    http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/

    Andy, Aug 23, 2008
  4. Thanks, Carlos. On the Pinnacle site, it says no x64 yet, btw. Is there a
    known solution that isn't posted?

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2008
  5. Thanks!

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2008
  6. I have a ComPro DVB T300 that was not supported (XP x64) the last time I
    looked - I think I heard somewhere that USB and PC-Card devices are more
    likely to work???

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 23, 2008
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Barb Bowman Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...pf=0&pi=6&c=TV Devices&sc=TV Tuners&os=64-bit

    <> wrote:

    >A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
    >and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
    >since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
    >basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
    >video card he bought for his son.
    >
    >OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    Barb Bowman, Aug 23, 2008
  8. Thanks, Barb. But somehow, that model is no longer showing on the Pinnacle
    site. Only their HD models are showing, and the support FAQ says no 64-bit.
    Have you tried/confirmed that the newer HD models work? Or should he be
    looking for the hybrid model listed here (which could well still be
    around.)?

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2008
  9. Charlie Russel - MVP

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    >A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
    >and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
    >since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
    >basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
    >video card he bought for his son.
    >
    > OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

    http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/vista.html
    WinTV CD 4.6b
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15341

    "Products + 8GB RAM + 64-bit Vista - Test Results"
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14947

    Regards, Roman

    roman modic, Aug 23, 2008
  10. Thanks! And my friend down on the farm thanks you too. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2008
  11. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Barb Bowman Guest

    if you have less than 4 gigs of RAM, most of the Hauppage tuners are
    OK on 64 bit windows.

    One question - what TV source are they intending to use? this can
    make a huge difference in what tuner would be the best. Cable? OTA?
    etc.

    Barb Bowman, Aug 24, 2008
  12. Unknown by me at this time. But I can check. Thanks.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2008
  13. Charlie:

    I'm using Leadtek TV2000XP/Expert (PCI) for analog TV and Encore ATSC

    Digital (USB) for digital TV. Both work with XP x64 and Vista x64 running

    4GB ram. I don't have an 8GB system running yet.

    Dennis Pack x64, vista rc1 x86 & x64, Aug 24, 2008
  14. I use Leadtek DTV1000T and DTV1000S for OTA digital reception. I wouldn't
    recommend the DTV1000S because its driver includes a multimedia "helper"
    which launches PowerDVD every time the machine starts or resumes from
    standby.

    Most current cards have 64-bit drivers and will work with Windows Media
    Center.

    If you want to enjoy watching TV and not spend time waiting for Media Center
    to clunk into action, a good software package is needed and I find Leadtek's
    WinFast excellent. Others have commented on that too. There is said to be an
    update to Windows Media Center coming which may increase its responsiveness.

    Dominic Payer, Aug 24, 2008
  15. Thanks, Dennis.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    "Dennis Pack x64, vista rc1 x86 & x64" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2008
  16. Thanks, Dominic

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2008
  17. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Aug 25, 2008
  18. Charlie Russel - MVP

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    "Dennis Pack x64, vista rc1 x86 & x64" <> wrote
    in message news:...
    > I'm using Leadtek TV2000XP/Expert (PCI) for analog TV and Encore ATSC
    > Digital (USB) for digital TV. Both work with XP x64 and Vista x64 running
    > 4GB ram. I don't have an 8GB system running yet.

    BTW, it seems that problem is only with PCI cards. The following
    info is from Hauppauge forum:

    roman modic, Aug 25, 2008