    VIDEORAM? What's the story?
    Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
    PK

    Paul Kersey, May 17, 2005

  2. Paul Kersey

    Robert Baer Guest

    Paul Kersey wrote:

    > Checked ebay and discovered some TV tuner cards with no onboard Video RAM
    > for sale for as little as $10.
    > Has anyone fooled with these type of TV tuner cards with NO onboard
    > VIDEORAM? What's the story?
    > Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
    > PK

    I would check the specs *very* carefully.
    Is the purpose of the card to *only* be a TV tuner - and therefore
    the -->software<-- included (is it??) depends on *any* video card?
    If and only if that is the case, does it merit some consideration.
    The next question would be: does the computer (that the proposed
    board is going into) have a rather devent video card?
    Then, for $10 one could not go too far wrong; worst case un-install
    the software and toss the TV card.

    Robert Baer, May 18, 2005