    VIDEORAM? What's the story?
    Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
    PK
    Paul Kersey, May 17, 2005

  2. Paul Kersey

    Guest Guest

    I have never heard of a tv tuner with onboard ram.....

    Guest, May 17, 2005

  3. Paul Kersey

    ftran999 Guest

    <kenny> wrote in message news:-privat.org...
    >I have never heard of a tv tuner with onboard ram.....

    I think he may be referring to the "all in one" type cards.

    ftran999, May 17, 2005
  4. Paul Kersey

    Aquanaut Guest

    > Checked ebay and discovered some TV tuner cards with no onboard Video RAM
    > for sale for as little as $10.
    > Has anyone fooled with these type of TV tuner cards with NO onboard
    > VIDEORAM? What's the story?
    > Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
    > PK

    A tv tuner card is just that---a method of "decoding" television signals
    and enabling you to watch via the pc.---No ram no onboard yahdda,no
    nowt,just an input device.
    Now if you mean an all in one "wonder" card save your money. Graphics cards
    do a fine job,limited by there own specs,sound cards are similar.
    Pay your money and take your choice--a horse for a course is the advice.
    Aquanaut, May 17, 2005