    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    Old Gringo, Sep 18, 2008

  2. Old Gringo

    Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote:

    >The station LOGO ID at the bottom of the screen, how do they effect
    >LED and Plasma TV's as far as burn in?

    I've read, no cite, that one person who watched sports all the time
    had the stations logo burnt in to his screen, the article mentioned a
    lot of people with the same problem. this was ~4 or so years ago.
    --

    For those who haven't seen it.
    http://www.fun2fun.info/nice-view-kid….html

    , Sep 18, 2008

  3. Old Gringo

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:23:30 -0400, "Runtime Error" <crash@win> wrote:
    >
    >>"Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> The station LOGO ID at the bottom of the screen, how do they effect LED
    >>> and Plasma TV's as far as burn in?

    >In my entire lifetime, I've only seen one actual case of a screen
    >being "burned".
    >That was due to the fact the tv station left that particular monitor
    >on 24/7 and had their call sign in the same place.

    I gave away a very spendy monitor as it was used on a server (never
    shut off) cause it had the windows desktop burned into it.

    You never played the Atari or other games demo'd in the stores? the
    old ones would have the game intro screen burned into it.

    I have Time Pilot (stand up arcade up), Time Pilot is burned into the
    screen.

    It happens.

    >Unless that's what you do, chances are it won't happen.
    >Then if the stations are smart about this, they would change the logo
    >location frequently to prevent this.

    The station I mentioned earlier never moved the logo, the work around
    is they would start moving it to different places.