TV set PTC obtaining.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Jan 11, 2010.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    The one in it is stuffed - no degauss.

    Has 3 legs

    Labeled

    MZ73G
    18RM

    All the other ones I have replaced have been 2 pin.

    So I cant find this part for sale anywhere that does one offs, is there
    an equivalent I can sub in that is easily obtained?

    The schematic I found makes it look like 2 PTCs internal to the one
    case, but I have no idea on the values of each of them.

    Also this TV seems to leave the PTC live all the time. Others I have
    used have had a triac to power it up only when needed. Perhaps thats why
    its a different one?
    Richard, Jan 11, 2010

  2. Richard

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:54:45 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >The one in it is stuffed - no degauss.
    >
    >Has 3 legs
    >
    >Labeled
    >
    >MZ73G
    >18RM
    >
    >All the other ones I have replaced have been 2 pin.
    >
    >So I cant find this part for sale anywhere that does one offs, is there
    >an equivalent I can sub in that is easily obtained?
    >
    >The schematic I found makes it look like 2 PTCs internal to the one
    >case, but I have no idea on the values of each of them.
    >
    >Also this TV seems to leave the PTC live all the time. Others I have
    >used have had a triac to power it up only when needed. Perhaps thats why
    >its a different one?

    3 legged ones are normal these days, one part is a heater Plus they are
    always on..

    Try Tradetech

    http://www.tradetech.co.nz/

    The resistance is important and does depend on the CRT size.

    So you will to get the correct one.
    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:
    > 3 legged ones are normal these days, one part is a heater Plus they are
    > always on..
    >
    > Try Tradetech
    >

    > http://www.tradetech.co.nz/
    >
    > The resistance is important and does depend on the CRT size.
    >

    > So you will to get the correct one.

    This one says 18 ohms on it, its from a 28".

    No luck on their site, will call them tomorrow.
    Richard, Jan 11, 2010
  4. Richard

    DaveD Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Mary Hanna wrote:
    >> 3 legged ones are normal these days, one part is a heater Plus they are
    >> always on..
    >>
    >> Try Tradetech
    >>

    >> http://www.tradetech.co.nz/
    >>
    >> The resistance is important and does depend on the CRT size.
    >>

    >> So you will to get the correct one.

    > This one says 18 ohms on it, its from a 28".
    >
    > No luck on their site, will call them tomorrow.

    Have the make, model number and version handy so they can cross
    reference if necessary.
    DaveD, Jan 11, 2010