    St. Elsewhere

    Thanks.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Jun 5, 2005

  2. AceoHearts

    JAM Guest

    AceoHearts wrote:
    > Has anyone heard if any of these series are coming out?
    >
    > Hill Street Blues
    > The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    > A Pup Named Scooby Doo
    > The Smothers Brothers
    > F-Troop
    > Freaky Links
    > Matlock
    > Emergency
    > St. Elsewhere
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > AceoHearts

    Bring on F-Troop! One of the funniest shows ever.

    JAM, Jun 5, 2005

  3. AceoHearts

    ab1 Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone heard if any of these series are coming out?
    >
    > Hill Street Blues
    > The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    > A Pup Named Scooby Doo
    > The Smothers Brothers
    > F-Troop
    > Freaky Links
    > Matlock
    > Emergency
    > St. Elsewhere
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > AceoHearts

    I think I heard that Season 1 of Emergency is coming out this summer.

    ab1

    ab1, Jun 5, 2005
  4. AceoHearts

    Bratboy Guest

    "JAM" <> wrote in message
    > AceoHearts wrote:
    >> Has anyone heard if any of these series are coming out?
    >>
    >> Hill Street Blues
    >> The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    >> A Pup Named Scooby Doo
    >> The Smothers Brothers
    >> F-Troop
    >> Freaky Links
    >> Matlock
    >> Emergency
    >> St. Elsewhere
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> AceoHearts

    > Bring on F-Troop! One of the funniest shows ever.

    LOL, I was just thinking of asking about F-Troop Saturday. Glad Im not alone
    in remembering it. As for the "Pup named Scooby" although not really classic
    Im sure we will see a release since they already have Scoob seasons 1&2 and
    Best of Scoob movies out. Then again tho those are all Hanna Barbera(sp) is
    Pup by them as well or another company. Im not even sure if "13 Ghosts of
    Scoob" was a H&B either.

    Bratboy, Jun 5, 2005
  5. AceoHearts

    Rich Clark Guest

    > Has anyone heard if any of these series are coming out?
    >
    > Hill Street Blues
    > The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    > A Pup Named Scooby Doo
    > The Smothers Brothers
    > F-Troop
    > Freaky Links
    > Matlock
    > Emergency
    > St. Elsewhere

    I would think that the music clearances on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
    would make it the most expensive DVD set ever.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jun 5, 2005
  6. AceoHearts

    Howard Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> wrote in news:v6voe.1899$g5.696
    @twister.nyroc.rr.com:

    > Has anyone heard if any of these series are coming out?

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

    . Cabal# 24601-fnord | Sleep is irrelevant.

    Howard, Jun 5, 2005
  7. AceoHearts

    jayembee Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> wrote:

    > Has anyone heard if any of these series are coming out?

    [changed order slightly]

    > Hill Street Blues
    > St. Elsewhere

    Most recent word from Fox is no, no plans.

    > The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

    Most recent word from Warner is no, no plans.

    (Nota bene: "no plans" doesn't mean that they're out of the question, just that
    the studios in question do not currently have them under consideration for DVD
    release.)

    > F-Troop

    Rumored to be under consideration by Warner.

    > A Pup Named Scooby Doo

    Warner is releasing two 4-episode discs on July 19th.

    > Emergency

    Season 1 is coming out on August 23rd from Universal, along with Season 1 of
    ADAM-12.

    > The Smothers Brothers
    > Freaky Links
    > Matlock

    No word on any of these.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jun 6, 2005
  8. AceoHearts

    Bratboy Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "AceoHearts" <> wrote:
    >
    >> A Pup Named Scooby Doo

    > Warner is releasing two 4-episode discs on July 19th.
    >

    > -- jayembee

    So is Pup a Warner production or a H&B being distro'd by warner, just
    curious

    Bratboy, Jun 6, 2005
  9. AceoHearts

    jayembee Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote:

    > "jayembee" <> wrote:
    >
    > So is Pup a Warner production or a H&B being distro'd by warner, just curious

    H&B's catalogue was bought by Ted Turner a while back, and is currently owned by
    Warner. That's why Warner has been pumping out collections like THE FLINTSTONES,
    THE JETSONS, JONNY QUEST, etc., etc.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jun 7, 2005
  10. AceoHearts

    anthony Guest

    The ones I'm waiting for include

    The Adventures of Superman (in production but delayed)
    Sergeant Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show)
    Our Miss Brooks
    First series of 'Maverick'

    anthony, Jun 7, 2005
  11. AceoHearts

    AceoHearts Guest

    > http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

    Thanks for the link. Emergency, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, are both listed for
    the summer. My son will be thrilled.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Jun 7, 2005
  12. AceoHearts

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <Wf8pe.49962$>, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    > anthony wrote:
    >
    > > The ones I'm waiting for include
    > >
    > > First series of 'Maverick'

    > Keep waiting--
    > Warner's only going with Best-of's.

    Warners seems to often do best of releases before full season sets. At
    least, that's been the case with animated titles.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Jun 7, 2005
  13. anthony wrote:

    > The ones I'm waiting for include
    >
    > First series of 'Maverick'

    Keep waiting--
    Warner's only going with Best-of's.

    Derek Janssen (now, let's see, what *other* already-announced
    cancellations can we publicly "wonder" about, like good little showoffs?)

    Derek Janssen, Jun 7, 2005
  14. AceoHearts

    jayembee Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote:

    > Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    >
    >> anthony wrote:
    >>
    >>> The ones I'm waiting for include
    >>>
    >>> First series of 'Maverick'

    >> Keep waiting--
    >> Warner's only going with Best-of's.

    So far.

    > Warners seems to often do best of releases before full season sets. At
    > least, that's been the case with animated titles.

    It's been half-and-half with the animated titles. With Batman and Superman, I
    believe that they plan on continuing the 3-or-4-episode releases, marketed for
    kids who don't necessarily want them all, and the big sets aimed at the older
    fans who *do* want them all.

    Except for the random Scoobies, all of the H/B titles have been season sets.
    No "Best ofs".

    And with the live-action shows, FRIENDS is the only show prior to MAVERICK to
    get a "Best of" prior to season set releases.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jun 7, 2005
  15. AceoHearts

    FAQmeister Guest

    "anthony" <> wrote in message
    > The ones I'm waiting for include
    >
    > The Adventures of Superman (in production but delayed)
    > Sergeant Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show)
    > Our Miss Brooks
    > First series of 'Maverick'

    I just bought 40 episodes of Bilko on eBay. That was BBC Video. There's
    another guy selling the entire 140 episode series in groups of five per
    dvd for $6 plus $5 shipping. He claims the series is public domain now.
    I don't know if that's true or not and I don't care because I want SGT
    Bilko!

    I also want the entire Dobie Gillis series.

    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Jun 7, 2005