    I am using a cable modem and would like to record TV shows to DVD from my
    computer. Is anyone doing this and what would I need.

    Thanks

    Chuck, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Chuck

    Chet Guest

    Cable modem has nothing to do with it. You need a TV tuner either in the
    cabinet or connected via USB. You then need software to capture the signal
    from the tuner and put it in a file. If you want to edit out commercials
    you need some sort of video editing program. If you have a DVD burner you
    probably have the software to burn the file to DVD.

    Chet, Jan 15, 2006