    worth looking at?
    chers
    john

    Epsom, Surry, Jul 30, 2005

  2. Epsom, Surry

    XPD Guest

    "Epsom, Surry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi . i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...
    > does anyone know of any third party software for |XP for these cards
    > worth looking at?
    > chers
    > john

    Depends what you want it to do - running it as a media box or just for
    capture use etc.....

    For a media box, MediaPortal is pretty good and its free....... for capture
    use, theres a lot of stuff out there, but one that has a bit of everything
    and isnt too bad is PowerVCR.

    XPD, Jul 30, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > hi . i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...
    > does anyone know of any third party software for |XP for these cards
    > worth looking at?
    > chers
    > john

    GBPVR is very highly rated. Made in NZ, too :) I found it a bit hard to
    work through with my ATI theater 550 card but their support material for
    Hauppage brand seems *very* comprehensive. They have active webforums,
    too.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 31, 2005
  4. Epsom, Surry

    H.O.G Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:09:54 +0000 (UTC), "Epsom, Surry"
    <> spoke these fine words:

    >hi . i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...
    >does anyone know of any third party software for |XP for these cards
    >worth looking at?
    >chers
    >john

    Showshifter, if you're looking for a PVR.

    H.O.G, Jul 31, 2005
  5. Epsom, Surry

    Epsom, Surry Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:47:35 +1200, H.O.G <> wrote:

    >Showshifter, if

    thanks guys, I got this card for £15, the shop pulled them out of the
    machines rather then put up with all the support calls...

    Epsom, Surry, Jul 31, 2005
  6. Epsom, Surry

    Richard Guest

    Epsom, Surry wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:47:35 +1200, H.O.G <> wrote:
    >

    >>Showshifter, if

    > thanks guys, I got this card for £15, the shop pulled them out of the
    > machines rather then put up with all the support calls...

    At that price, go back and buy more

    Richard, Jul 31, 2005
  7. Epsom, Surry

    Epsom, Surry Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:07:56 +1200, Richard <> wrote:

    >At that price, go back and buy more

    we have so little room in our uk flat I've turned an ex lease dell
    into our phone (skype), tv & dvd player with the help of bt broadband
    (£19 for 2 meg/s 1 gig)

    Epsom, Surry, Jul 31, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    "Epsom, Surry" <> wrote:

    >i've purchased at Hauppauge's WinTV PVR card...

    Does it pick up Freeview digital?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 1, 2005
  9. Epsom, Surry

    mctt Guest

    sure GB-PVR (free), nothing else.

    here you can find the xml needed for gbpvr:
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~john.a/csharp/xmltvnz.html

    for mpeg edit (cutting Ad), Womble Mpeg Video Wizard (not free but
    outstanding).

    "Epsom, Surry" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:...

    mctt, Aug 2, 2005