    What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.

    Steve.
    Steve, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Steve

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:04:05 +1300, "Steve" <> wrote:

    >What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    >the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    >
    >Steve.

    What card / chipset? If it is bt878 DScaler works well.
    GraB, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    GraB wrote
    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:04:05 +1300, "Steve" <> wrote:
    >
    > >What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    > >the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    > >
    > >Steve.
    > >

    > What card / chipset? If it is bt878 DScaler works well.

    LeadTek 2000XP Deluxe card - Fusion 878A chipset

    Steve.
    Steve, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Steve

    paul Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    > the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    >
    > Steve.

    WinDVR is excellent, but not free.
    paul, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Steve

    armpit Guest

    > What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    > the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.

    This months APC (i think) mag has a free copy of showshifter 1.6 on the
    cover CD.
    Not only do you get a different interface, but you get the lovely TIVO like
    functions as well (pause live tv etc).
    armpit, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Steve

    XPD Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    > the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    >
    > Steve.

    PowerVCR II was pretty good when i was playing around with it a few weeks
    ago...
    XPD, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Steve

    Barry Phease Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 06:19:02 +1300, Steve wrote:

    > LeadTek 2000XP Deluxe card - Fusion 878A chipset

    xawdecode words well with that card apparently.

    --
    Barry Phease

    mailto://
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~barryp
    Barry Phease, Dec 22, 2003
  8. Steve

    Kelpie Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    > the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    >
    > Steve.

    DScaler (www.dscaler.org) is a great (& free) program for simply
    watching programs. It does have some time-shifting features but I think
    that aspect is still mostly beta

    --
    Kelpie
    Kelpie, Dec 22, 2003
  9. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Re: TV Card Software - And The WInner Is .....

    and the winner is ........ my 33" screen in the corner of my living room.

    No, seriously, I will try them all (unless they cost too much and do not
    have a trial version available) and post my thoughts on them.

    Thanks for the replies.

    Steve.
    Steve, Dec 22, 2003
  10. Steve

    Tim Guest

    Kelpie <dontbother@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:bs7o80$pg1$:

    > Steve wrote:
    >> What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    >> the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    >>
    >> Steve.
    >>

    > DScaler (www.dscaler.org) is a great (& free) program for simply
    > watching programs. It does have some time-shifting features but I think
    > that aspect is still mostly beta

    hehe. yep, definitely beta. Last time I tried them I got a stop screen for
    my troubles...

    --
    Tim
    - <insert witty signature here>
    Tim, Dec 23, 2003
  11. Re: TV Card Software - And The WInner Is .....

    Steve wrote:
    > and the winner is ........ my 33" screen in the corner of my living room.
    >

    > No, seriously, I will try them all (unless they cost too much and do not
    > have a trial version available) and post my thoughts on them.
    >
    > Thanks for the replies.
    >
    > Steve.

    have a look at mythtv - http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythFeatures

    It's free and stable. My rig will record two channels, timeshift, or
    watch a third program all at once.
    My windows buddies are envious.
    Graeme Woollett, Dec 23, 2003
  12. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Re: TV Card Software - And The WInner Is .....

    Graeme Woollett wrote
    > Steve wrote:
    > > and the winner is ........ my 33" screen in the corner of my living room.
    > >

    > > No, seriously, I will try them all (unless they cost too much and do not
    > > have a trial version available) and post my thoughts on them.
    > >
    > > Thanks for the replies.
    > >
    > > Steve.
    > >

    > have a look at mythtv - http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythFeatures
    >

    > It's free and stable. My rig will record two channels, timeshift, or
    > watch a third program all at once.
    > My windows buddies are envious.

    Basic 'live-tv' functionality. Pause/Fast Forward/Rewind "live" TV.

    So can I fast forward TV on Saturday and get the lotto resutls before
    6pm?

    Do you have a list of supported hardware?

    Steve.
    Steve, Dec 23, 2003
  13. Re: TV Card Software - And The WInner Is .....

    Steve wrote:
    > Graeme Woollett wrote
    >
    >>Steve wrote:
    >>
    >>>and the winner is ........ my 33" screen in the corner of my living room.
    >>>

    >>>No, seriously, I will try them all (unless they cost too much and do not
    >>>have a trial version available) and post my thoughts on them.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for the replies.
    >>>
    >>>Steve.
    >>>

    >>have a look at mythtv - http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythFeatures
    >>

    >>It's free and stable. My rig will record two channels, timeshift, or
    >>watch a third program all at once.
    >>My windows buddies are envious.

    > Basic 'live-tv' functionality. Pause/Fast Forward/Rewind "live" TV.
    >
    > So can I fast forward TV on Saturday and get the lotto resutls before
    > 6pm?
    >
    > Do you have a list of supported hardware?
    >
    > Steve.

    I wish it could.
    Any card that is based on a BT878 etc, or SAA7134 is supported.
    An installation guide is available from http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
    The install is more complex than in Windows but IMHO well worth it.
    Graeme Woollett, Dec 23, 2003
  14. Steve wrote:
    > What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    > the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    >
    > Steve.

    iuVCR is the best (and has the lowest CPU usage) that I've tried.

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, Dec 23, 2003
  15. Steve

    steve Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:04:05 +1300, Steve wrote:

    > What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
    > the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
    >
    > Steve.

    XawTV

    Or MythTV if you want to both watch TV and have a PVR.
    steve, Dec 23, 2003