  1. help please...am looking for tv capture software that will allow high
    quality capture and works flawlessly with windows xp...tried virtual
    dub...ati capture...any suggestions appreciated.

    Incognito®©$, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Incognito®©$

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Incognito®©$" <> wrote in message
    news:42203576$...
    > help please...am looking for tv capture software that will allow high
    > quality capture and works flawlessly with windows xp...tried virtual
    > dub...ati capture...any suggestions appreciated.

    high res captures require high end equipment...
    how much is your budget?

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Feb 26, 2005

  3. On 26 feb 2005 "Incognito®©$" <> wrote
    news:42203576$ in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > help please...am looking for tv capture software that will allow high
    > quality capture and works flawlessly with windows xp...tried virtual
    > dub...ati capture...any suggestions appreciated.

    Have a butchers at descaler(http://sourceforge.net/projects/deinterlace/)
    or windvr from intervideo, one made by geeks for geeks, the other made by
    idiots for idiots. There's just no proper TV software, sorry.

    --
    R. Amtjip ;-P
    Just mail away, I'm trying out gmail's spam killer by having a REAL

    Robert Amtjip, Feb 26, 2005
  4. that is what i seem to be finding out...but i find lots of avi's in file
    sharing searches that are great quality of tv shows, movies, etc...so this
    leads me to believe that the software exists...have even tried dr divx but
    the quality of video is not great...even after adjusting bitrates for
    maximum quality...one i found called iuVCR has quite acceptable video but i
    can't seem to get the audio to synchronize with it...having tried several
    fps variances.

    Incognito®©$, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Incognito®©$ wrote:
    > help please...am looking for tv capture software that will allow high
    > quality capture and works flawlessly with windows xp...tried virtual
    > dub...ati capture...any suggestions appreciated.

    Vegas Video, now owned by Sony, I prefer it over Premiere.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 27, 2005
  6. Incognito®©$

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: tv capture software
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => Incognito®©$ <= wrote:

    >help please...am looking for tv capture software that will allow high
    >quality capture and works flawlessly with windows xp...tried virtual
    >dub...ati capture...any suggestions appreciated.

    If you just want to 'capture', not edit, go with Beyond TV. It's in MPEG2
    format.

    G. Morgan, Feb 27, 2005
  7. On 26 feb 2005 "Incognito®©$" <> wrote
    news: in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > that is what i seem to be finding out...but i find lots of avi's in
    > file sharing searches that are great quality of tv shows, movies,
    > etc...so this leads me to believe that the software exists...have even
    > tried dr divx but the quality of video is not great...even after
    > adjusting bitrates for maximum quality...one i found called iuVCR has
    > quite acceptable video but i can't seem to get the audio to
    > synchronize with it...having tried several fps variances.

    I personnally use Terratec's Cynergi Live, but it's the program that came
    with my card. 480x360 25fps xvid/YUV2 @ 1310kbps = purdy good quality, and
    no sync probs. Try this prog [http://supporten.terratec.net/modules.php?
    op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=223] I've got no
    idea whether it'll work or break your system, but get this and then head
    over to doom9.org and check out their codec section ;-)

    Robert Amtjip, Feb 27, 2005
  8. Incognito®©$

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > Subject: tv capture software
    > Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > => Incognito®©$ <= wrote:
    >
    >>help please...am looking for tv capture software that will allow high
    >>quality capture and works flawlessly with windows xp...tried virtual
    >>dub...ati capture...any suggestions appreciated.

    > If you just want to 'capture', not edit, go with Beyond TV. It's in MPEG2
    > format.

    http://www.snapstream.com/Products/beyondtv/

    I use it too. Nice. I plugged the sound and S-video out on my PC into my
    receiver and entertainment system.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 27, 2005