    suitable on the Net but I don't mind buying a book too if that would
    help.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jan 27, 2007

  2. Brian A

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-01-27, Brian A <> wrote:

    > I have installed v2.0 of Trixbox.
    > I want to be able to program 'Custom Apps'.
    > I have Googled and all I can find is ready written custom apps and
    > that is not what I am looking for.

    With zero knowledge of Trixbox I'd be guessing at what the term 'Custom
    Apps' means. Pointers to two or three of them would give an idea of what
    they are and how they are written.

    I know nothing about the
    > programming/implementation of 'custom apps' so, what I want to do is
    > learn how to do it so I can set up the Trixbox to do what I want it to
    > do.
    > Can anyone point me to a source that will explain this, together with
    > a list of commands etc.? I am hoping that I will find something
    > suitable on the Net but I don't mind buying a book too if that would
    > help.

    Asterisk's app_* files are C files. The PHP, perl and python languages
    are also used to produce application modules. Maybe

    http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/

    and

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk AGI

    are useful. There is also the Developers section at

    http://www.asterisk.org

    Brian.
    Brian, Jan 27, 2007

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:18:08 +0000 (UTC), Brian <>
    wrote:

    >On 2007-01-27, Brian A <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have installed v2.0 of Trixbox.
    >> I want to be able to program 'Custom Apps'.
    >> I have Googled and all I can find is ready written custom apps and
    >> that is not what I am looking for.

    >With zero knowledge of Trixbox I'd be guessing at what the term 'Custom
    >Apps' means. Pointers to two or three of them would give an idea of what
    >they are and how they are written.
    >
    > I know nothing about the
    >> programming/implementation of 'custom apps' so, what I want to do is
    >> learn how to do it so I can set up the Trixbox to do what I want it to
    >> do.
    >> Can anyone point me to a source that will explain this, together with
    >> a list of commands etc.? I am hoping that I will find something
    >> suitable on the Net but I don't mind buying a book too if that would
    >> help.

    >Asterisk's app_* files are C files. The PHP, perl and python languages
    >are also used to produce application modules. Maybe
    >
    >http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/
    >
    >and
    >
    >http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk AGI
    >
    >are useful. There is also the Developers section at
    >
    >http://www.asterisk.org
    >
    >Brian.

    Thanks, I'll check them out. I am quite proficient at PHP so that
    might help. I ditched PERL for PHP a few years ago., I much prefer
    PHP - I haven't done any 'C' for a about 10 years.
    The 'custom apps' I was particularly referring to is, on Freepbx,
    where you have the option, for example, in IVR, of choosing 'Core',
    'IVR' or 'Custom App'. So, if custom apps can be in PHP that will help
    but it will be a steep learning curve for me to get to know how to
    interface with Asterisk, files to modify etc. That is why I need the
    information.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jan 27, 2007
  4. Brian A

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > I have installed v2.0 of Trixbox.
    > I want to be able to program 'Custom Apps'.
    > I have Googled and all I can find is ready written custom apps and
    > that is not what I am looking for. I know nothing about the
    > programming/implementation of 'custom apps' so, what I want to do is
    > learn how to do it so I can set up the Trixbox to do what I want it to
    > do.
    > Can anyone point me to a source that will explain this, together with
    > a list of commands etc.? I am hoping that I will find something
    > suitable on the Net but I don't mind buying a book too if that would
    > help.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    http://www.aussievoip.com/wiki/index.php?page=freePBX-Destinations

    Extract:

    Custom App
    You can create your own application using the standard Asterisk Dialplan
    language in the file /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf, and reference
    it with this. An example would be:

    custom-count2four
    exten => s,1,SayDigits(1234)
    exten => s,2,Hangup

    After placing this in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf, you can send
    callers to this by using 'custom-count2four,s,1'

    Dialplans:-
    http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/content/docbook/current/docs-html/c465.html
    Desk Rabbit, Feb 2, 2007