    size. I am using webtv-plus for e-mail. I cannot use the puter right now
    because it is not working at this time.
    Thanks, Bill
    Bill and Margie, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Bill and Margie

    Neil Green Guest

    "Bill and Margie" <> wrote in
    message
    news:...
    >I need to tell my Niece (puter user) how to send pics
    >using the jpeg
    > attachments. She now sends several pics (as part of
    > e-mail) that are too
    > large for me to fwd to my puter or even to save, due
    > to their large
    > size. I am using webtv-plus for e-mail. I cannot use
    > the puter right now
    > because it is not working at this time.
    > Thanks, Bill

    Tell her to download Irfanview (free)
    Open the picture, click on Image then resize/resample.
    Resize them to 640 x 480, then click File/save as.
    Irfanview will offer to save as .jpg and open a box
    with a slide bar where she can set the quality at
    anywhere up to 100% which will determine file size.
    Give the file a new name and click OK.
    If they are just for looking at on your PC and you
    don't want to print them then 25% will do and you'll
    get a much smaller file.
    I think Irfanview can do this as a batch but I'm not
    sure.
    Neil Green, Jun 7, 2007

  3. Bill and Margie

    Guest

    On 7 Jun, 16:59, (Bill and Margie) wrote:
    > I need to tell my Niece (puter user) how to send pics using the jpeg
    > attachments. She now sends several pics (as part of e-mail) that are too
    > large for me to fwd to my puter or even to save, due to their large
    > size. I am using webtv-plus for e-mail. I cannot use the puter right now
    > because it is not working at this time.
    > Thanks, Bill

    she could put the picture file online, with
    imageshack -
    http://imageshack.us/

    or for large files generally
    http://www.megaupload.com/

    you see, these are the good file hosting sites, they don't mess you
    around with clicking. You can browse to the file, from the main/index
    page of the site.

    could send with MSN..

    The issue there besides possibly an issue of opening ports in the
    firewall..
    is an issue that MSN 4.2 (the MSN that comes with windows xp) cannot
    send files between something like MSN >= 6. The msn file transfer
    protocol in use is different.

    she could set up a web or ftp server. Quick n easy FTP, or less good
    are BPFTP, or BRS Webweaver, will do it. Quick n easy FTP is
    excellent. An early version of Q n E FTP is quite well featured. I
    think later they made a payed version and cut features on the early
    version.
    , Jun 11, 2007