TurtleBeach Santa Cruz sound card ...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=, May 12, 2005.

  1. Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?

    TIA :)

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=, May 12, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa, May 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=

    Rocko Guest

    Yes, and it does not work out of the box. But what a great card.
    You can contact the manufacturer, but in most cases you'll get the stock
    answer, which may or may not reflect what's actually happening. In case of
    the TBSC, it's been sunsetted ;(
    There is some interesting work going on to virtualized legacy 3rd party 32
    bit drivers in a 64 bit environment. Even if it works, it's still months
    away...stay tuned.

    Rocko, May 12, 2005
  4. Yes, this is just one of those problems concerning hardware support where
    you have to pester the manufacturer until they do eventually support it.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=

    Rocko Guest

    FYI, if a product has been sunsetted, any attempt to contact the
    manufacturer regarding new drivers is a most likely a WORT

    Rocko, May 13, 2005
  6. Yes I checked , that and the fact that TB has not done a driver update since
    late 2003 is the main reason for asking if anyone has had good/bad luck with
    this s/card in x64 .
    Just trying to cover my bases BEFORE any install .

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=, May 13, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    You may find this hard to believe, but the only Out of Box Sound Driver's
    Microsoft included with x64 is AC'97 Audio Sound Controller Driver's.
    Everything else must be downloaded from either the Manufacturer's Website
    (Recommended), or PlanetAMD64.com.

    Kevin Panzke, May 13, 2005
  8. Jeff R wrote:
    > Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?
    >
    > TIA :)

    Dump the Santa Cruz and either use your onboard sound device, or get a
    Creative Audigy 2 ZS card (retail, not OEM as the drivers may not work with
    an OEM version)

    Wayne Wastier, May 13, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=

    Alen Mecan Guest

    OR, if you are using your card for recording/editing etc, you might be a
    lot happier with the M-audio Audiophile 2496. Pro drivers available,
    low-latency ASIO and, off course, perfect sound.

    Alen Mecan, May 22, 2005