Turtle photo...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Oct 29, 2010.

  1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8 years
    old.


    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr
     
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Oct 29, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Oct 29, 2:04 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <> wrote:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    > An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    > pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    > gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch  her legs. She's 8 years
    > old.
    >


    That's awful big for an 8-year-old slider. Very cool pets.
     
    Nervous Nick, Oct 29, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    peter Guest

    On 10/29/2010 3:43 PM, Nervous Nick wrote:
    > On Oct 29, 2:04 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris"<> wrote:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    >> An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    >> pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    >> gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8 years
    >> old.
    >>

    >
    > That's awful big for an 8-year-old slider. Very cool pets.


    Naw! Not big at all. Not even worth making turtle soup. I once had a
    mock turtle so big, that I sold to to Campbells for $5,000. The beauty
    of mock turtles is: they require very little care and you never have to
    change the water.

    --
    Peter
     
    peter, Oct 29, 2010
    #3
  4. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Oct 29, 2:57 pm, Val Hallah <> wrote:
    > On Oct 29, 9:04 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    > > An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    > > pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    > > gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch  her legs. She's 8 years
    > > old.

    >
    > > --
    > > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > > major in electrical engineering
    > > mechanized infantry reservist
    > > hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    >
    > I've got one of those....found it in the road....apparently they are
    > now an imported pest


    Here's mine:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXckYMdp8HI
     
    Nervous Nick, Oct 30, 2010
    #4
  5. ? "rwalker" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:...
    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:04:46 +0300, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    >>An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    >>pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    >>gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8 years
    >>old.

    >
    > That's an impressive looking turtle. They've always been my favorite
    > reptiles.

    Thanks a lot to all the people who responded, the turtle is not mine but
    belongs to a friend, they call her Brasida after an ancient general in the
    battle of Marathona or wherever it was, obviously they didn't know her
    gender.


    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr
     
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Oct 30, 2010
    #5
  6. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    John Turco Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    > An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    > pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    > gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8
    > years old.



    Groping an 8-year old female -- shame on you!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
     
    John Turco, Oct 31, 2010
    #6
  7. ? "John Turco" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:...
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    >> An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    >> pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    >> gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8
    >> years old.

    >
    >
    > Groping an 8-year old female -- shame on you!
    >

    To clarify, the "shapes" ate patterns on her shell-genitalia are not visible
    on turtles.



    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr
     
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Nov 1, 2010
    #7
  8. ? "peter" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:4ccb4901$0$5510$-secrets.com...
    > On 10/29/2010 3:43 PM, Nervous Nick wrote:
    >> On Oct 29, 2:04 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris"<> wrote:
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    >>> An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    >>> pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    >>> gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8
    >>> years
    >>> old.
    >>>

    >>
    >> That's awful big for an 8-year-old slider. Very cool pets.

    >
    > Naw! Not big at all. Not even worth making turtle soup. I once had a mock
    > turtle so big, that I sold to to Campbells for $5,000. The beauty of mock
    > turtles is: they require very little care and you never have to change the
    > water.

    Didn't we say? Today we are eating cat casserole, and for afters pickled dog
    snout. No seriously, these turtles have very strong legs, walk very fast
    (well for turtle standards...) and are excellent swimmers.


    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr
     
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Nov 9, 2010
    #8
  9. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    John Turco Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    >
    > ? "John Turco" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > news:...
    > > Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    > >> An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    > >> pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    > >> gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8
    > >> years old.

    > >
    > >
    > > Groping an 8-year old female -- shame on you!
    > >

    > To clarify, the "shapes" ate patterns on her shell-genitalia are not
    > visible on turtles.



    Huh?

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
     
    John Turco, Nov 28, 2010
    #9
  10. ? "John Turco" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:...
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    >>
    >> ? "John Turco" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    >> news:...
    >> > Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    >> >> An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    >> >> pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    >> >> gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8
    >> >> years old.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > Groping an 8-year old female -- shame on you!
    >> >

    >> To clarify, the "shapes" ate patterns on her shell-genitalia are not
    >> visible on turtles.

    >
    >
    > Huh?
    >

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5214876322/
    You can see this small "tits"(circles) on her tummy, a male turtle has a
    large green circle on its tummy.


    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr
     
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Nov 28, 2010
    #10
  11. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    John Turco Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    >
    > ? "John Turco" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > news:...
    > > Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    > >>
    > >> ? "John Turco" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > >> news:...
    > >> > Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5126709450/
    > >> >> An enormous specimen of Pseydemys Scripta, a female
    > >> >> pet turtle. I have photos of her tummy, with the shapes that show her
    > >> >> gender. She's very tame, she even let me scratch her legs. She's 8
    > >> >> years old.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> > Groping an 8-year old female -- shame on you!
    > >> >
    > >> To clarify, the "shapes" ate patterns on her shell-genitalia are not
    > >> visible on turtles.

    > >
    > >
    > > Huh?
    > >

    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/5214876322/
    > You can see this small "tits"(circles) on her tummy, a male turtle has a
    > large green circle on its tummy.



    Oh. (Knowledge of "turtle anatomy" isn't among my specialties.)

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
     
    John Turco, Jan 12, 2011
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. joevan

    Post Turtle

    joevan, Sep 28, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    812
    Aardvark
    Sep 30, 2008
  2. Miguel

    Tortoise & Turtle

    Miguel, Aug 13, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    319
    Miguel
    Aug 13, 2009
  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Intro To Python Using Turtle Graphics

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2009, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    558
    Enkidu
    Nov 28, 2009
  4. mmyvusenet

    Toad headed turtle

    mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    487
    John Turco
    Jun 30, 2010
  5. Becky
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,630
    Becky
    May 20, 2014
Loading...

Share This Page