    connect through that, any help on this would be appreciated as I have never
    done this before.

    Thanks.

    Bigfred, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Bigfred

    ICee Guest

    Bigfred wrote:
    > 1st question.
    >
    > I am about to convert my vinyl records to MP3's however will it be ok
    > to do so using a turntable with a preamp built in or do I need to
    > boost the signal through a hifi amp.
    >
    > 2 nd question.
    >
    > Would it be better to connect the turntable directly through my pc
    > soundcard or would it be better if I obtained a creative SoundBlaster
    > see link
    > http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG9201_creative_labs_soun.html and
    > connect through that, any help on this would be appreciated as I have
    > never done this before.
    >
    > Thanks.

    What was wrong with the answers you got in your previous post?

    ICee, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Bigfred

    Bigfred Guest

    Sorry there has been problems with my ISP regarding mails and I have lost
    your last reply.

    Bigfred, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Bigfred

    ICee Guest

    Bigfred wrote:
    > Sorry there has been problems with my ISP regarding mails and I have
    > lost your last reply.

    No problem, just wondering if you have a further question, as the links
    provided by Ionizer were very good at explaining how to do it. And, to
    further clarify, you take the output of the turntable (from the
    pre-amp), directly to the Auxiliary input of your sound card. You can
    use Music Match Jukebox, as suggested in the web article, or one of many
    other similar programs. Jet Audio works nicely as well, and it's free
    also.
    The SB Live is a good sound card, but the sound card you have may work
    just as well. Give it a try before spending money on something you
    don't need (unless you need a sound card, of course :) ).

    ICee, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Bigfred

    Bigfred Guest

    Thanks for all your help, extremely pleased that I can use Jet Audio as I
    have it on my PC and had no idea I could use it for this purpose, once again
    a big thankyou.

    Bigfred, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Bigfred

    ICee Guest

    Bigfred wrote:
    > Thanks for all your help, extremely pleased that I can use Jet Audio
    > as I have it on my PC and had no idea I could use it for this
    > purpose, once again a big thankyou.

    Yes, I use Jet Audio myself and like it a lot. Use the "Recording"
    button on top to set things up for recording the LP's. Check the source
    you want to use when making a MP3 or WAV file. Depending on the audio
    card you have, you would select the "Auxiliary" input, which you use as
    the input for the turntable.
    And, you're welcome.

    ICee, Feb 11, 2004