Turnip Head (Shane)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by H.O.G, Sep 12, 2005.

  1. H.O.G

    H.O.G Guest

    H.O.G, Sep 12, 2005

  2. H.O.G

    Matty F Guest

    H.O.G wrote:

    > In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    >
    > This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
    > banned.

    Why would anyone want it banned? Turnips can be worth a great
    deal of money:

    http://hem.passagen.se/dunsel/ba3-1.htm

    Baldrick: I spent it.
    Edmund: You spent it? What could *you* possibly spend 400,000
    pounds on?
    (Baldrick slowly looks toward the turnip, smiling. Edmund finally
    notices it.)
    Edmund: Oh, no... Oh, God, don't tell me...
    Baldrick: ...my Dream Turnip.
    Edmund: Baldrick, how did you manage to find a turnip that cost
    400,000 pounds?
    Baldrick: Well, I had to haggle...

    Matty F, Sep 12, 2005

  3. H.O.G

    Guest

    Great Black Adder episode!

    , Sep 12, 2005
  4. H.O.G

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:26:55 +1200, H.O.G wrote:

    > In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    >
    > This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get banned.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head
    >
    > It is also archived here, in case they are successful with their
    > censorship:
    > http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

    er.. how did I (or anyone) try to get it banned?
    ohhh right because wikipedia doesnt appreciate idiots wasting their
    resources

    Shane, Sep 12, 2005
  5. H.O.G

    H.O.G Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:26:55 +1200, H.O.G <> spoke these
    fine words:

    >In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    >
    >This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
    >banned.

    Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
    censored:
    http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

    H.O.G, Sep 12, 2005
  6. H.O.G wrote:
    >>In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    >>This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
    >>banned.

    > Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
    > censored:
    > http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

    un-censor it then... thats what a community encyclopedia is for.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 12, 2005
  7. H.O.G

    kiwigal Guest

    "H.O.G" <> wrote in message

    > In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    >
    > This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
    > banned.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head

    Boys will be boys-

    "The term has recently reappeared on Usenet, and is commonly used to
    describe posters who consistently make unintelligent comments."

    Anyone here not guilty sometimes?

    kiwigal, Sep 12, 2005
  8. H.O.G

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:19:22 +1200, kiwigal wrote:

    > "H.O.G" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    >>
    >> This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get banned.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head

    > Boys will be boys-
    >
    > "The term has recently reappeared on Usenet, and is commonly used to
    > describe posters who consistently make unintelligent comments."
    >
    > Anyone here not guilty sometimes?

    Do we include claims 'Bill Gates was born into poverty' as unintelligent?

    Shane, Sep 12, 2005
  9. H.O.G

    H.O.G Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:21:55 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    spoke these fine words:

    >On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:19:22 +1200, kiwigal wrote:
    >

    >> "H.O.G" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    >>>
    >>> This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get banned.
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head

    >> Boys will be boys-
    >>
    >> "The term has recently reappeared on Usenet, and is commonly used to
    >> describe posters who consistently make unintelligent comments."
    >>
    >> Anyone here not guilty sometimes?

    >Do we include claims 'Bill Gates was born into poverty' as unintelligent?

    Well, considering you're the only one that has claimed this, I guess
    we would.

    H.O.G, Sep 12, 2005
  10. H.O.G

    Redbaiter Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz says
    > H.O.G wrote:
    > >>In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    > >>This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get
    > >>banned.

    > > Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
    > > censored:
    > > http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

    > un-censor it then... thats what a community encyclopedia is for.

    Can't you wankers take this shit somewhere else..?? Here was the
    pathological psychotic Skateboard a few days ago cheering
    because he was finally being ignored by Redbaiter and others,
    and after that, he can't wait to get into the same kind of
    confrontation with a fresh bunch of posters.. People who indulge
    in such psychotic behaviour patterns are pathological losers who
    need psychiatric treatment.. its a shame they plague discussion
    groups with their self centered insane behaviour..

    Redbaiter, Sep 12, 2005
  11. H.O.G

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:22:35 +1200, H.O.G wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:21:55 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > spoke these fine words:

    >>Do we include claims 'Bill Gates was born into poverty' as unintelligent?

    > Well, considering you're the only one that has claimed this, I guess we
    > would.

    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....* author:h.o.g&rnum=3&hl=en#3f3b6f03349e7573
    http://tinyurl.com/ahn3h

    when asked for names the response was
    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....* author:h.o.g&rnum=4&hl=en#685ce4ab7ef95f72
    http://tinyurl.com/953ky

    Shane, Sep 12, 2005
  12. H.O.G

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:23:08 +1200, Redbaiter wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz says

    >> > Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
    >> > censored:
    >> > http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

    >> un-censor it then... thats what a community encyclopedia is for.
    >>

    > Can't you wankers take this shit somewhere else..?? Here was the
    > pathological psychotic Skateboard a few days ago cheering because he was
    > finally being ignored by Redbaiter and others, and after that, he can't
    > wait to get into the same kind of confrontation with a fresh bunch of
    > posters.. People who indulge in such psychotic behaviour patterns are
    > pathological losers who need psychiatric treatment.. its a shame they
    > plague discussion groups with their self centered insane behaviour..

    make it so red

    you know you cant

    Shane, Sep 12, 2005
  13. H.O.G

    kiwigal Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message

    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....* author:h.o.g&rnum=3&hl=en#3f3b6f03349e7573
    > http://tinyurl.com/ahn3h
    >
    > when asked for names the response was

    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....* author:h.o.g&rnum=4&hl=en#685ce4ab7ef95f72
    > http://tinyurl.com/953ky

    *HOG: you'll find that a massive percentage of them, something like 90%,
    were born into "poverty".

    *HOG: How much do you think Bill Gates started out with?

    *Shane: lets see.. middle class boy going to college to do a law degree..
    definitely sounds like 90% born into poverty

    *Barry: On that basis H.O.G. is almost certainly right (if poverty is
    something
    less wealthy then their current circumstances). Probably 90% of
    successful businessmen are richer than they were in their youth.

    *Brian: If that's being born into poverty I wish my parents had been
    paupers.

    After careful consideration, I hereby declare Shane to be the winner of this
    debate

    kiwigal, Sep 12, 2005
  14. H.O.G

    geopelia Guest

    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:26:55 +1200, H.O.G wrote:
    >

    > > In case anyone missed the Wikipedia entry about Turnip Heads.
    > >
    > > This is the entry that Shane and his wee mates have tried to get banned.
    > >
    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_Head
    > >
    > > It is also archived here, in case they are successful with their
    > > censorship:
    > > http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

    > er.. how did I (or anyone) try to get it banned?
    > ohhh right because wikipedia doesnt appreciate idiots wasting their
    > resources
    >

    > --
    > Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
    >
    > The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.

    The picture is of a Parsnip Head, not a Turnip Head.
    Most turnips are round. Charles I could have called Cromwell's lot Turnip
    Heads, couldn't he?

    geopelia, Sep 12, 2005
  15. H.O.G

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:38:45 +1200, kiwigal wrote:

    > After careful consideration, I hereby declare Shane to be the winner of
    > this debate

    Thanking you
    (emailing the cheque now)

    Shane, Sep 12, 2005
  16. H.O.G

    H.O.G Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:23:08 +1200, Redbaiter <>
    spoke these fine words:

    >Dave - Dave.net.nz says

    >> > Best to view the archive of the entry, as the original has now been
    >> > censored:
    >> > http://tinypic.com/dnd4li.jpg

    >> un-censor it then... thats what a community encyclopedia is for.
    >>

    >Can't you wankers take this shit somewhere else..?? Here was the
    >pathological psychotic Skateboard a few days ago cheering
    >because he was finally being ignored by Redbaiter and others,
    >and after that, he can't wait to get into the same kind of
    >confrontation with a fresh bunch of posters.. People who indulge
    >in such psychotic behaviour patterns are pathological losers who
    >need psychiatric treatment.. its a shame they plague discussion
    >groups with their self centered insane behaviour..

    Yes, it's interesting watching his posting patterns.

    I don't think he has made a single post that has not been a
    confrontational troll in the last couple of weeks. If he has, it's
    definately in the minority. He seems to constantly search through the
    newsgroups planting trollbait and following people around.

    He can't even take a joke (he's jumping up and down, and crying to his
    mummy about the turnip head wiki).

    The "celebration" you talk about above was a thinly disguised attempt
    to get you to bite again, and good on you for not.

    You said a few days ago that I should just ignore him, and I should
    have taken your advice. I think maybe I will from now on.

    H.O.G, Sep 12, 2005
  17. H.O.G

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:57:35 +1200, H.O.G wrote:

    > You said a few days ago that I should just ignore him, and I should have
    > taken your advice. I think maybe I will from now on.

    third times the charm huh?
    or is it more than three times you have said you were going to ignore me.....
    gosh.. does it really matter.. you dont do _anything_ you say you will

    Shane, Sep 12, 2005
  18. H.O.G

    Redbaiter Guest

    H.O.G says

    > >Can't you wankers take this shit somewhere else..?? Here was the
    > >pathological psychotic Skateboard a few days ago cheering
    > >because he was finally being ignored by Redbaiter and others,
    > >and after that, he can't wait to get into the same kind of
    > >confrontation with a fresh bunch of posters.. People who indulge
    > >in such psychotic behaviour patterns are pathological losers who
    > >need psychiatric treatment.. its a shame they plague discussion
    > >groups with their self centered insane behaviour..

    > Yes, it's interesting watching his posting patterns.
    >
    > I don't think he has made a single post that has not been a
    > confrontational troll in the last couple of weeks. If he has, it's
    > definately in the minority. He seems to constantly search through the
    > newsgroups planting trollbait and following people around.

    Just an attention seeking psychotic.. can't get attention any
    other way.. You will find his life is probably a continuing
    series of behavioral patterns that always end up in some kind of
    climatic failure, whereupon he moves on, and then starts the
    same thing all over again.. There's a psychiatric term for such
    circular pathological behaviour patterns.. all to do with low
    self esteem and an inability to deal with reality..

    Redbaiter, Sep 12, 2005
  19. H.O.G

    Guest

    This argument seems pointless and all, but the Usage on Wikipedia
    cracked me up.

    , Sep 12, 2005
  20. H.O.G

    Redbaiter Guest

    H.O.G says

    > You said a few days ago that I should just ignore him, and I should
    > have taken your advice. I think maybe I will from now on.

    When you ignore these attention seeking psychopaths, it drives
    them even more crazy. Its been quite amusing to witness his
    frantic and desperate attempts to get me to reply to his
    pathetic infantile drivel..

    Redbaiter, Sep 12, 2005