    Is there any (easy) wasy to do this?

    Tried a few methods I found but none of them seem to work....
    , Nov 4, 2010

  2. <>
    snot-bubbled this one via teh googlegroups:

    > Is there any (easy) wasy to do this?
    >
    > Tried a few methods I found but none of them seem to work....

    Have you tried searching your matronly Google for
    "Anti-Windows-File-Protection" [software]? There's
    probably some virulent virus that can do that for you
    that is not secured in a DARPA vault down deep inside
    of Stone Mountian, Colorado or Groom Lake, Nevada...
    which do not even exist, by the way.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 4, 2010

  3. Tim Meddick Guest

    Download the free application ; FreshUI.exe

    In which is a setting to turn off Windows File Protection.....

    It's quite a small, easy to use program, with allot of other Window's
    "tweaks".

    Just go to http://www.freshdevices.com/ and scroll down to "Fresh UI" - the
    free tweaking tool.

    ==

    Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

    Tim Meddick, Nov 4, 2010
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    Subject: Turning off WFP in SP3
    > Is there any (easy) wasy to do this?

    There are hacks.

    - don't crosspost
    - get a newsreader instead of GG for usenet
    - if you are going to use GG, get a handle
    - the subject is not part of the message body

    > Tried a few methods I found but none of them seem to work....

    You didn't say why you think you need to do it. Maybe/Probably it is the
    wrong thing to do.

    http://www.bitsum.com/aboutwfp.asp Windows File Protection (WFP) is a
    mechanism that protects system files from being modified or deleted. -
    In order to protect the integrity of the system, Microsoft did not
    document a way to disable WFP. - Booting to Safe Mode was the only way
    Microsoft provided for replacing a protected file. - Enter the hacks.

    Hack Method 1: Disable WFP for specific folders until the computer is
    next rebooted via manual handle manipulation
    Hack Method 2: Disable WFP completely until the computer is next
    rebooted via undocumented SFC API
    Hack Method 3: Disable WFP on a specific file for 1 minute via
    undocumented SFC API
    Hack Method 4: Disable WFP permanently via patches and undocumented
    registry value
    Hack Method 5: Disable WFP permanently on specific files via patching
    the protected file lis

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 4, 2010
  5. Jose Guest

    On Nov 4, 10:49 am, "Tim Meddick" <> wrote:
    > Download the free application ;  FreshUI.exe
    >
    > In which is a setting to turn off Windows File Protection.....
    >
    > It's quite a small, easy to use program, with allot of other Window's
    > "tweaks".
    >
    > Just go tohttp://www.freshdevices.com/and scroll down to "Fresh UI" - the
    > free tweaking tool.
    >
    > ==
    >
    > Cheers,    Tim Meddick,    Peckham, London.    :)
    >
    > "" <> wrote in message

    > > Is there any (easy) wasy to do this?

    > > Tried a few methods I found but none of them seem to work....

    Can you describe what it does to disable WFP so I don't have to
    download it?

    Just curious how it works...
    Jose, Nov 4, 2010
  6. Paul Guest

    Paul, Nov 4, 2010
  7. Tim Meddick Guest

    In answer to your question; locate the following registry key (in
    Regedit.exe) :

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

    ....and then change (or add) the [Dword] value named "SFCDisable" and set
    it's value to "1"

    ....then reboot.

    *Note - Please exercise care when editing the registry, always create a
    backup and / or create a 'System Restore' point first.

    ==

    Tim Meddick, Nov 7, 2010
  8. Guest

    On Nov 7, 2:06 am, "Tim Meddick" <> wrote:
    > In answer to your question; locate the following registry key (in
    > Regedit.exe) :
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    >
    > ...and then change (or add) the [Dword] value named "SFCDisable" and set
    > it's value to "1"

    This doesnt work
    , Nov 24, 2010