    Many thanks.

    Cath

    , Jul 17, 2004

  2. E. Scrooge Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Where can I permanately turn off the features in M$ Word.
    >
    > I am tired of it changing small letters to caps, and doing a dozen and
    > one other things I don't want....
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Cath

    Setup a blank page with all the settings you usually use. Font and page
    margins etc etc, and then save it as "NEW". You then load the blank page up
    each time you use the program, and all your settings are still the way
    you'd normally have them. Just save your finished stuff as something else.
    I find it's the easiest way to have all the settings you'd normally use.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jul 17, 2004

  3. EMB Guest

    wrote:

    > Where can I permanately turn off the features in M$ Word.
    >
    > I am tired of it changing small letters to caps, and doing a dozen and
    > one other things I don't want....

    Tools -- Autocorrect.....then change all the options that are pissing
    you off.
    HTH

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    EMB, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:18:21 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Where can I permanately turn off the features in M$ Word.
    >>
    >> I am tired of it changing small letters to caps, and doing a dozen and
    >> one other things I don't want....

    >Tools -- Autocorrect.....then change all the options that are pissing
    >you off.
    >HTH

    Thank you very kindly - it worked!

    Cath

    , Jul 18, 2004
  5. E. Scrooge wrote:
    > Setup a blank page with all the settings you usually use. Font and page
    > margins etc etc, and then save it as "NEW". You then load the blank page up
    > each time you use the program, and all your settings are still the way
    > you'd normally have them. Just save your finished stuff as something else.
    > I find it's the easiest way to have all the settings you'd normally use.

    heh, or, do it right and save it as a template.
    you could even write over normal.dot(the template that word uses by default)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 18, 2004
  6. Steven H Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:24:12 -0500, wrote:

    > Where can I permanately turn off the features in M$ Word.
    >
    > I am tired of it changing small letters to caps, and doing a dozen and
    > one other things I don't want....
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Cath

    tools / options - follow your nose

    i think there is also some stuff under tools / auto correct

    also, while your typing and words tries to help you by applying your gramma
    settings (auto-capatializing etc...) you can do a simple ctrl-z to revert
    it.

    Steven H, 3rd Year B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic

    ..net Geek

    Steven H, Jul 19, 2004