    "shut down upstairs". What the hell does that mean, and how does it
    know the rig is "upstairs"...woooooooooooo...... (it is of course)...??
    Weird.
    zZero, Feb 15, 2005

  2. zZero

    zZero Guest

    I believe it does this only when I log out first..
    zZero, Feb 15, 2005

  3. zZero

    bigjon Guest

    zZero decided to add:

    > I recently upgraded a win98se rig to winxp home (sp2). I've noticed a
    > couple of times when I shut down (4 users are listed), it will say
    > "shut down upstairs". What the hell does that mean, and how does it
    > know the rig is "upstairs"...woooooooooooo...... (it is of course)...??
    > Weird.

    because they are watching you....
    now, put on your little tinfoil hat....
    bigjon, Feb 15, 2005
  4. zZero

    Guest

    On 14 Feb 2005 16:45:51 -0800, "zZero" <> wrote:

    |> I recently upgraded a win98se rig to winxp home (sp2). I've noticed a
    |> couple of times when I shut down (4 users are listed), it will say
    |> "shut down upstairs". What the hell does that mean, and how does it
    |> know the rig is "upstairs"...woooooooooooo...... (it is of course)...??
    |> Weird.

    Did you per chance name the computer above you "upstairs"?

    --
    , Feb 15, 2005
  5. zZero

    WormWood Guest

    "zZero" <> wrote in message
    >I recently upgraded a win98se rig to winxp home (sp2). I've noticed a
    > couple of times when I shut down (4 users are listed), it will say
    > "shut down upstairs". What the hell does that mean, and how does it
    > know the rig is "upstairs"...woooooooooooo...... (it is of
    > course)...??
    > Weird.

    Did someone name the computer "Upstairs?" (I assume you are not
    administrator.)
    WormWood, Feb 15, 2005
  6. zZero

    Unk Guest

    On 14 Feb 2005 16:45:51 -0800, "zZero" <> wrote:

    >I recently upgraded a win98se rig to winxp home (sp2). I've noticed a
    >couple of times when I shut down (4 users are listed), it will say
    >"shut down upstairs". What the hell does that mean, and how does it
    >know the rig is "upstairs"...woooooooooooo...... (it is of course)...??
    >Weird.

    You have the rigs networked and you named the upstairs rig, well..., "upstairs" :)
    Unk, Feb 15, 2005
  7. zZero

    zZero Guest

    Well someone already suggested that before I came here, but of course I
    would've remembered that now wouldn't I... well then there now ...I
    just checked and of course you are all correct. I must pulled that name
    out of my (*ss) last week and plum forgot. Recently upgraded to XP
    and networked and renamed. Another senior moment, but of course I am a
    senior..(playing Doom3...hahahahahahaha..and, er, thank you all. Exit
    red-faced stage (monitor) left....
    zZero, Feb 15, 2005
  8. zZero

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:59:23 GMT, bigjon <>
    wrote:

    >zZero decided to add:
    >
    >> I recently upgraded a win98se rig to winxp home (sp2). I've noticed a
    >> couple of times when I shut down (4 users are listed), it will say
    >> "shut down upstairs". What the hell does that mean, and how does it
    >> know the rig is "upstairs"...woooooooooooo...... (it is of course)...??
    >> Weird.

    >because they are watching you....
    >now, put on your little tinfoil hat....

    That should be, "luminum hat"........
    joevan, Feb 15, 2005
  9. zZero wrote:

    > Well someone already suggested that before I came here, but of course I
    > would've remembered that now wouldn't I... well then there now ...I
    > just checked and of course you are all correct. I must pulled that name
    > out of my (*ss) last week and plum forgot. Recently upgraded to XP
    > and networked and renamed. Another senior moment, but of course I am a
    > senior..(playing Doom3...hahahahahahaha..and, er, thank you all. Exit
    > red-faced stage (monitor) left....

    At least you didn't put spin on it and say it was your neighbor's nephew
    that did it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 15, 2005
  10. zZero

    zZero Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    >>tkdsjsa; yerw 9 kjfdhd...

    It was my neighbor's nephew who did it. Yeah, that's it...

    p.s. to the other responder, tin foil is what we used to call aluminum
    foil back when the world was still yung, Carl. Of course yer next
    response will be, "who's Carl?" Nevermind, but thanks.
    zZero, Feb 15, 2005
  11. zZero

    joevan Guest

    On 15 Feb 2005 09:01:26 -0800, "zZero" <> wrote:

    >Rôgêr wrote:
    >>>tkdsjsa; yerw 9 kjfdhd...

    >It was my neighbor's nephew who did it. Yeah, that's it...
    >
    >p.s. to the other responder, tin foil is what we used to call aluminum
    >foil back when the world was still yung, Carl. Of course yer next
    >response will be, "who's Carl?" Nevermind, but thanks.

    Yeah I know, I was just funning. Notice the dropped a. We kid a lot
    in another group about luminum hats. I be remembering all that stuff
    to and eye ain't no youngun. I was in the 4th grade when Ike became
    president.

    joevan, Feb 16, 2005
  12. zZero

    zZero Guest