    Oh yeah, and the Xtra account I was complaining about the other day has
    stopped spamming, so they're either off, or patched, either way, I'm
    happy. :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 26, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Well it's about time, it seems that someone in the US FTC has got a clue.
    >

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050524/wr_nm/tech_spam_dc
    > WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Home computer users who unwittingly send out spam
    > e-mail should be disconnected from the Internet until their machines are
    > fixed, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.
    >
    > The FTC said it would ask 3,000 Internet providers around the globe to
    > make sure that their customers' computers haven't been hijacked by
    > spammers who want to cover their tracks and pass bandwidth costs on to
    > others.
    >
    > I can only hope that NZ goes down this track too.

    on reading further down that story, ummm, no, never mind, it is a tad
    too anal about it.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 26, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Well it's about time, it seems that someone in the US FTC has got a clue.
    >

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050524/wr_nm/tech_spam_dc
    > WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Home computer users who unwittingly send out spam
    > e-mail should be disconnected from the Internet until their machines are
    > fixed, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.
    >
    > The FTC said it would ask 3,000 Internet providers around the globe to
    > make sure that their customers' computers haven't been hijacked by
    > spammers who want to cover their tracks and pass bandwidth costs on to
    > others.
    >
    > I can only hope that NZ goes down this track too.
    >
    > Oh yeah, and the Xtra account I was complaining about the other day has
    > stopped spamming, so they're either off, or patched, either way, I'm
    > happy. :)

    Actually I believe :cool: they where DDOSed shouldnt post IP addresses by the
    looks of it.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, May 26, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Harry Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Well it's about time, it seems that someone in the US FTC has got a clue.
    >

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050524/wr_nm/tech_spam_dc
    > WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Home computer users who unwittingly send out spam
    > e-mail should be disconnected from the Internet until their machines are
    > fixed, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.
    >
    > The FTC said it would ask 3,000 Internet providers around the globe to
    > make sure that their customers' computers haven't been hijacked by
    > spammers who want to cover their tracks and pass bandwidth costs on to
    > others.
    >
    > I can only hope that NZ goes down this track too.
    >
    > Oh yeah, and the Xtra account I was complaining about the other day has
    > stopped spamming, so they're either off, or patched, either way, I'm
    > happy. :)

    Wouldn't it have been better for Bill to have fixed Windows so
    that it isn't so zombiable? I mean, legislators wont allow defective
    vehicles on the road, so why should defective os's get off so lightly?

    Harry, May 26, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:39:53 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <>
    wrote:

    >Well it's about time, it seems that someone in the US FTC has got a clue.
    >

    >http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050524/wr_nm/tech_spam_dc
    >WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Home computer users who unwittingly send out spam
    >e-mail should be disconnected from the Internet until their machines are
    >fixed, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.
    >
    >The FTC said it would ask 3,000 Internet providers around the globe to
    >make sure that their customers' computers haven't been hijacked by
    >spammers who want to cover their tracks and pass bandwidth costs on to
    >others.
    >
    >I can only hope that NZ goes down this track too.

    I'm pretty sure Paradise used to put on hold accounts of cable users who's
    machines were infected and sending out viruses.

    Anyone know if they still do?

    Craig Shore, May 26, 2005