    Gib Bogle Guest

    Is it possible to do this? Long phone calls (not mine!) chew up a lot
    of my data allowance.

    Gib Bogle, May 5, 2011

  2. Gib Bogle

    Me Guest

    On 5/05/2011 12:25 p.m., Gib Bogle wrote:
    > Is it possible to do this? Long phone calls (not mine!) chew up a lot of
    > my data allowance.

    Tools | Options | Video settings:
    Automatically receive video and screen sharing from...
    o anyone
    o people in my contact list only
    X no one

    Me, May 5, 2011

  3. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 5/5/2011 1:04 PM, Me wrote:
    > On 5/05/2011 12:25 p.m., Gib Bogle wrote:
    >> Is it possible to do this? Long phone calls (not mine!) chew up a lot of
    >> my data allowance.

    > Tools | Options | Video settings:
    > Automatically receive video and screen sharing from...
    > o anyone
    > o people in my contact list only
    > X no one

    Thanks. I guess this automatic switch setting is the only one - you
    can't turn it off on the fly?

    Gib Bogle, May 5, 2011
  4. Gib Bogle

    Me Guest

    On 5/05/2011 3:11 p.m., Gib Bogle wrote:
    > On 5/5/2011 1:04 PM, Me wrote:
    >> On 5/05/2011 12:25 p.m., Gib Bogle wrote:
    >>> Is it possible to do this? Long phone calls (not mine!) chew up a lot of
    >>> my data allowance.

    >> Tools | Options | Video settings:
    >> Automatically receive video and screen sharing from...
    >> o anyone
    >> o people in my contact list only
    >> X no one

    > Thanks. I guess this automatic switch setting is the only one - you
    > can't turn it off on the fly?

    I don't think so.
    On the other hand, Skype is IP telephony type software, which means that
    you will probably be talking a person at the "other end". You could
    perhaps ask them to turn the camera off. This method should be
    considered first IMO, because it usually works and requires minimal effort.

    Me, May 5, 2011
  5. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 5/5/2011 5:25 PM, Me wrote:
    > On 5/05/2011 3:11 p.m., Gib Bogle wrote:
    >>> Tools | Options | Video settings:
    >>> Automatically receive video and screen sharing from...
    >>> o anyone
    >>> o people in my contact list only
    >>> X no one

    >> Thanks. I guess this automatic switch setting is the only one - you
    >> can't turn it off on the fly?
    > >

    > I don't think so.
    > On the other hand, Skype is IP telephony type software, which means that
    > you will probably be talking a person at the "other end". You could
    > perhaps ask them to turn the camera off. This method should be
    > considered first IMO, because it usually works and requires minimal effort.

    True.

    Gib Bogle, May 6, 2011