    option on the PIX in this case. I already set one OSPF interface on
    the VPN routers to be a higher cost, but unfortunately that hasn't
    changed the load-balancing. Suggestions?

    philbo30, Jun 21, 2007

  2. philbo30

    Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 21, 3:22 pm, philbo30 <> wrote:
    > I have a PIX firewall that sends traffic back to my VPN routers, based
    > on OSPF routes advertised to the PIX by said VPN routers. The traffic
    > from the PIX is OSPF load-balanced by default.
    >
    > I need a specific path, not load-balanced and route maps are not an
    > option on the PIX in this case. I already set one OSPF interface on
    > the VPN routers to be a higher cost, but unfortunately that hasn't
    > changed the load-balancing. Suggestions?

    Why not set a metric on the outgoing routes from one of the VPN
    routers?

    Trendkill, Jun 21, 2007

  3. philbo30

    Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 21, 4:24 pm, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Jun 21, 3:22 pm, philbo30 <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a PIX firewall that sends traffic back to my VPN routers, based
    > > on OSPF routes advertised to the PIX by said VPN routers. The traffic
    > > from the PIX is OSPF load-balanced by default.

    > > I need a specific path, not load-balanced and route maps are not an
    > > option on the PIX in this case. I already set one OSPF interface on
    > > the VPN routers to be a higher cost, but unfortunately that hasn't
    > > changed the load-balancing. Suggestions?

    > Why not set a metric on the outgoing routes from one of the VPN
    > routers?

    Or, did you do auto cost reference bandwidth and try changing the cost
    via the bandwidth? Changing the cost should do what you want (I used
    to failover ospf a core that way all the time during maintenance).
    You may need to clear ip ospf though, as I know you have to do that on
    a lot of changes ,and I can't recall if that is one of them (I was
    pretty sure you did not in this case). Let us know how you fare.

    Trendkill, Jun 21, 2007