    Thanks

    --
    XBL : D0C RAY
    KerplunKuK, Mar 28, 2007

  2. KerplunKuK

    pcbutts1 Guest

    The make and model of the laptop would help.

    pcbutts1, Mar 28, 2007

  3. KerplunKuK

    kraftee Guest

    KerplunKuK wrote:
    > Is there a way in win xp to turn off the laptop screen
    > but still leave it open?
    > I have it set on a timer to turn off when left, but I
    > want to be able to turn it off at the touch of a couple
    > of buttons, or by running an application.
    >
    > Thanks

    There should be a function key to turn on the VGA output & turn off
    the screen, 2 keys & you're there, Alt being one of them
    kraftee, Mar 28, 2007
  4. KerplunKuK

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 00:31:04 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
    > <[dot]uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way in win xp to turn off the laptop screen but still leave it
    >>open?
    >>I have it set on a timer to turn off when left, but I want to be able to
    >>turn it off at the touch of a couple of buttons, or by running an
    >>application.

    > Look for a key that maybe says CRT/LCD.
    >
    > Basically it would be for using an external monitor, but would have
    > the same effect.

    On this Dell, it doesn't help: when the laptop determines there IS no CRT,
    it turns the LCD back on.
    WhzzKdd, Mar 28, 2007
  5. KerplunKuK

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Mar 28, 2007
  6. KerplunKuK

    PeeCee Guest

    > Is there a way in win xp to turn off the laptop screen but still leave it
    > open?
    > I have it set on a timer to turn off when left, but I want to be able to
    > turn it off at the touch of a couple of buttons, or by running an
    > application.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > XBL : D0C RAY

    You probably need Hibernate, look in your Laptop manual for instructions.

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Mar 28, 2007
  7. KerplunKuK

    Guest

    On 28 ÍÁÒ, 02:31, "KerplunKuK" <[dot]uk>
    wrote:
    > Is there a way in win xp to turn off the laptop screen but still leave it
    > open?
    > I have it set on a timer to turn off when left, but I want to be able to
    > turn it off at the touch of a couple of buttons, or by running an
    > application.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > XBL : D0C RAY

    You must press keys Fn+F5(or F6, or F7) ....
    , Mar 28, 2007
  8. KerplunKuK

    KerplunKuK Guest

    In news:pcbutts1 <> Scribbled:
    > The make and model of the laptop would help.

    Rock Xtreme Ti X. It has a VGA off button, but on detection of no VGA
    connection the LCD turns on again.
    --
    XBL : D0C RAY
    KerplunKuK, Mar 28, 2007