    undo things.
    xp..2.0 intel p4
    thanks for any help...have a good one

    Don Dotson, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Don Dotson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Don Dotson spewed forth:
    > Hi all
    > Where does one turn back the clock on the computer to reset it a few
    > days to undo things.
    > xp..2.0 intel p4
    > thanks for any help...have a good one

    I believe you mean "System Restore". Start, All programs, Accessories,
    System Tools, System Restore.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Don Dotson

    Fred Kasner Guest

    Don Dotson wrote:
    > Hi all
    > Where does one turn back the clock on the computer to reset it a few days to
    > undo things.
    > xp..2.0 intel p4
    > thanks for any help...have a good one

    If the computers HD has changes that are associated with new files or
    data, turning back the clock will not undo what is on the HD. However if
    you have GOBACK installed or had activated the built-in reversion sytem
    you can chose to revert to an earlier date and that will restore your
    computer to the condition it was in at that chosen earlier date. If you
    have none of these features available it will do no good to try to
    install them now. The last possible line of defense is if you have a
    backup of the HD saved on another HD or CDs or DVDs. I you are using
    another OS than Windows there may be similar features available to you.
    Linux has backup capabilities. As for others I don't know.
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Feb 18, 2006
  4. Don Dotson

    Margolotta Guest

    On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 01:32:53 +0000, Toolman Tim wrote
    (in article <7PuJf.242$>):

    > In news:,
    > Don Dotson spewed forth:
    >> Hi all
    >> Where does one turn back the clock on the computer to reset it a few
    >> days to undo things.
    >> xp..2.0 intel p4
    >> thanks for any help...have a good one

    > I believe you mean "System Restore". Start, All programs, Accessories,
    > System Tools, System Restore.

    Tim should have added the following caveat to his message: -

    System Restore will only undo changes made to *system* files. It will have
    absolutely no effect on personal data (so that 10,000-word thesis you
    accidentally deleted, and then emptied the trash, will stay deleted).

    In addition, it should not be used in cases of virus damage as, if you have
    it set to take incremental 'snapshots' the virus could be lurking in one or
    more points and, by restoring, you will just re-infect your system.

    Margolotta, Feb 18, 2006
  5. Don Dotson

    Vanguard Guest

    "Don Dotson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > Where does one turn back the clock on the computer to reset it a few days
    > to undo things.
    > xp..2.0 intel p4
    > thanks for any help...have a good one

    Changing the clock's value will have no effect on history. If you were to
    adjust your watch by turning it backwards, do you really think that history
    gets undone? If so, how did you ever manage to get to the point where you
    adjusted your watch backward?

    There is something that you are leaving out, like WHAT you are actually
    attempting to accomplish.

    --
    How to post:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm