Turkey

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Nov 26, 2009.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Nov 26, 2009

  2. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    news:hem3vm$p6o$-september.org:

    > Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Old Grinog and The USA.
    > To all you Brits, remember the 4th of July <g>
    >
    > PS: http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=HY27482779

    You mean 1776 or 1781?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 26, 2009

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The chuckcar Post:
    > OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    >
    >> Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Old Grinog and The USA.
    >> To all you Brits, remember the 4th of July <g>
    >>
    >> PS: http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=HY27482779

    > You mean 1776 or 1781?

    Take your pick if you're a Brit.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Nov 26, 2009
  4. OldGringo38

    NormanM Guest

    On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:39:53 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Old Grinog and The USA.
    > To all you Brits, remember the 4th of July <g>

    "In 1815 we took a little trip, along with Col. Jackson down the mighty
    Mississip' ..."

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come

    NormanM, Nov 27, 2009
  5. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:26:21 -0800, NormanM wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:39:53 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Old Grinog and The USA. To all you
    >> Brits, remember the 4th of July <g>

    > "In 1815 we took a little trip, along with Col. Jackson down the mighty
    > Mississip' ..."

    The 'little trip' was in 1813. You misquoted the year in the lyrics. I
    know the song and I'm in the UK.

    --
    Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,

    Aardvark, Nov 27, 2009
  6. OldGringo38

    Viruschecker Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:26:21 -0800, NormanM wrote:
    >

    >>On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:39:53 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>

    >>>Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Old Grinog and The USA. To all you
    >>>Brits, remember the 4th of July <g>

    >>"In 1815 we took a little trip, along with Col. Jackson down the mighty
    >>Mississip' ..."

    > The 'little trip' was in 1813. You misquoted the year in the lyrics. I
    > know the song and I'm in the UK.

    The year in the song is 1814 so you got it wrong also.

    Viruschecker, Nov 29, 2009
  7. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:35:51 -0800, Viruschecker wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>>"In 1815 we took a little trip, along with Col. Jackson down the mighty
    >>>Mississip' ..."

    >> The 'little trip' was in 1813. You misquoted the year in the lyrics. I
    >> know the song and I'm in the UK.

    > The year in the song is 1814 so you got it wrong also.

    LOL. Let's just say it was sometime in the second decade of the nineteenth
    century and leave it at that, eh?

    Aardvark, Nov 29, 2009