    What on earth do they mean - I thought the Turions were even 64 bit and
    well up with the play, whereas the Core Duos are not 64 bit capable yet.

    You can probably guess which they are trying to sell :)

    -=rjh=-, Mar 21, 2006

  2. -=rjh=-

    Zonky Guest

    -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:441f9353$:

    > Had a comment from a salesperson today, to the effect that Intel Core
    > Duo processors are "Vista Ready" but that the current Turions are not.
    >
    > What on earth do they mean - I thought the Turions were even 64 bit and
    > well up with the play, whereas the Core Duos are not 64 bit capable yet.
    >
    > You can probably guess which they are trying to sell :)

    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=turion vista

    Z.

    --
    Please remove my_pants when replying by email.

    BOYCOTT MIDAS NZ FOR PLACING ADVERTS DURING LIVE F1 on SKY SPORTS!
    http://boycottmidas.blogspot.com/

    Zonky, Mar 21, 2006

  3. -=rjh=-

    Crash Guest

    Zonky wrote:
    > -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:441f9353$:
    >

    >>Had a comment from a salesperson today, to the effect that Intel Core
    >>Duo processors are "Vista Ready" but that the current Turions are not.
    >>
    >>What on earth do they mean - I thought the Turions were even 64 bit and
    >>well up with the play, whereas the Core Duos are not 64 bit capable yet.
    >>
    >>You can probably guess which they are trying to sell :)
    >>

    > http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=turion vista

    Which returned this:

    Results 1 - 10 of about 516,000 for turion vista. (0.17 seconds)

    Which of the 516,000 hits did you have in mind.....

    Crash.

    Crash, Mar 21, 2006
  4. -=rjh=-

    Zonky Guest

    Crash <> wrote in news:4VNTf.7569$JZ1.269424
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > Which returned this:
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 516,000 for turion vista. (0.17 seconds)
    >
    > Which of the 516,000 hits did you have in mind.....
    >
    > Crash.

    The question is answered in at least 7 of the first 10.

    Z.

    Zonky, Mar 21, 2006
  5. -=rjh=-

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <Xns978DD916FFB83zonkydialupwebnet@203.109.252.31>,
    zonky@my_pants.dialup-web.net says...
    > Crash <> wrote in news:4VNTf.7569$JZ1.269424
    > @news.xtra.co.nz:
    >

    > > Which returned this:
    > >
    > > Results 1 - 10 of about 516,000 for turion vista. (0.17 seconds)
    > >
    > > Which of the 516,000 hits did you have in mind.....
    > >
    > > Crash.

    > The question is answered in at least 7 of the first 10.

    I'm sure the OP would like something more definative - just post a URL
    FFS.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Mar 21, 2006
  6. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <Xns978DD916FFB83zonkydialupwebnet@203.109.252.31>,
    > zonky@my_pants.dialup-web.net says...
    >> Crash <> wrote in news:4VNTf.7569$JZ1.269424
    >> @news.xtra.co.nz:
    >>
    >>> Which returned this:
    >>>
    >>> Results 1 - 10 of about 516,000 for turion vista. (0.17 seconds)
    >>>
    >>> Which of the 516,000 hits did you have in mind.....
    >>>
    >>> Crash.

    >> The question is answered in at least 7 of the first 10.

    > I'm sure the OP would like something more definative - just post a URL
    > FFS.

    I'm well aware that Turion *is* "Vista ready", just really wanted some
    ideas why a salesperson would try to say it isn't; is there some sort of
    rumour going around about Turion, for instance - where does this
    misinformation come from.

    -=rjh=-, Mar 21, 2006
  7. On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:45:18 +1200, someone purporting to be -=rjh=- didst
    scrawl:

    > Had a comment from a salesperson today, to the effect that Intel Core
    > Duo processors are "Vista Ready" but that the current Turions are not.
    >
    > What on earth do they mean - I thought the Turions were even 64 bit and
    > well up with the play, whereas the Core Duos are not 64 bit capable yet.
    >
    > You can probably guess which they are trying to sell :)

    I think it's more likely that Vista isn't Turion-ready.
    The stuff that is returned from the Google search that was posted talks
    about the system freezing when attempting to install Vista onto a Turion.
    Since the CPU ought to be irrelevant, and AMD know enough about CPU design
    to be able to avoid making any silly mistakes that might make it
    incompatible with the IA32 or amd64 instruction sets, I'd say that Vista
    is trying to do something funky that the Turion doesn't like.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Mar 21, 2006