    Nothing on any of their sites yet, just announcements in the IT tradepress.
    Will they begin offering WinXP x64 (and the necessary drivers)? Stay tuned,
    but don't hold your breath...
    M. Murcek, Jun 22, 2005

  2. M. Murcek

    Piers James Guest

    My mate has already got an Acer notebook with a Turion64 in it. It came with
    WinXP 32bit though. UK BTW.

    Piers James, Jun 22, 2005

  3. HP has had Turion64 notebooks on their site for at least a month.

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jun 22, 2005
  4. M. Murcek

    John Barnes Guest

    Acer also has been available for a while also with xp86

    John Barnes, Jun 22, 2005
  5. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Yeah, product on the sites - no support links yet...

    M. Murcek, Jun 22, 2005
  6. Do they include any in their Tablet PC's?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 22, 2005
  7. no, no tablets. Yet.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 22, 2005
  8. Boo-hoo :-( I have been looking to invest my hard earned cash into a Tablet
    that will last me good long time, my reasons kept on changing from memory to
    graphics card, now its the processor, I really need to start seeing a Tablet
    PC with a 64 bit processor in it.

    Check out this SDE at Microsoft's Tablet PC Specs:
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/justanotherse/Blog/cns!1pDhCcGMhzyLwQVTTpyMFiEg!551.entry

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 22, 2005
  9. it's surprising to me that HP will sell a '64-bit' machine and not make all
    hardware compatable / support it. smells of false advertisement to me.

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jun 23, 2005
  10. I suspect we'll see a Tablet x64, but right now it would be problematic for
    sure. The drivers from Wacom _just_ went beta and the single biggest
    limitation on Tablets is the lack of available cooling which is why the
    processors are towards the lower end. Also, no one has yet produced an AMD
    Tablet, though there's certainly no technical reason that I'm aware of. So,
    I'm betting we're into the longhorn time frame, but that's just a SWAG.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 23, 2005
  11. "zxnos" <> wrote in:

    > it's surprising to me that HP will sell a '64-bit' machine and not make all
    > hardware compatable / support it. smells of false advertisement to me.

    All the hardware and software IS compatible and IS supported. If you visit
    the HP website you'll find that all their 64 bit machines come with Windows
    XP Home or (for an extra charge) Windows XP Pro and we know there's plenty of
    hardware/software support for those OSs.

    If they even have X64 available I sure didn't see it. I think you'll have to
    obtain X64 from some other source and install it after buying the HP machine
    which, of course, relieves them of any responsibility to support it.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 23, 2005
  12. congratulations! you have missed the point!
    hp does not support a 64 bit OS on their 64 bit based machines!

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jun 23, 2005
  13. "zxnos" <> wrote in:

    > congratulations! you have missed the point!
    > hp does not support a 64 bit OS on their 64 bit based machines!

    Congratulations, you misread.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 23, 2005
  14. M. Murcek

    John Barnes Guest

    :)

    John Barnes, Jun 23, 2005
  15. thats like saying 'oh yeah! my dad can beat up your dad'

    seriously, it hurts my brain to think down to your level. i just think if hp
    is going to sell a 64-bit based computer, they should make it an entire
    solution and provide it w/ a 64-bit os and support it. is it really that hard
    for you to comprehend? we all know they support their 64-bit processor based
    machines w/ a 32-bit os and that the warranty is voided by installing xp64.
    says so numerous places. but you had to be a jerk about it.

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jun 23, 2005
  16. "zxnos" <> wrote in:

    > thats like saying 'oh yeah! my dad can beat up your dad'
    >
    > seriously, it hurts my brain to think down to your level.

    This from someone who doesn't understand capitalization or punctuation?

    Let's drop it, you apparently weren't able to comprehend my post and from
    your response you don't seem to have understood your own post, either.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 24, 2005
  17. now thats better!

    i am just too lazy to bother w/ cap/punct in an informal setting such as this.

    why say 'lets drop it' then insult me again? i understand my post, yet dont
    quite understand the anality of yours. i still ask, why sell a 64bit machine
    and not bundle a 64 bit os? that is the essence. i was responding to the guy
    who said he couldnt find support links for the turion64 (presumably for
    windows xp 64). simple!

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jun 24, 2005
  18. "zxnos" <> wrote in:

    > i still ask, why sell a 64bit machine and not bundle a 64 bit os?

    That's NOT what you asked nor is it what I responded to, and that's the
    reason for my comment that you apparently didn't understand my post or even
    your own.

    Your post:

    "zxnos" <> wrote in:
    > it's surprising to me that HP will sell a '64-bit' machine and not make all
    > hardware compatable / support it. smells of false advertisement to me.

    My response was that there was no false advertising, HP clearly stated what
    they were selling and certainly has the ability to support it.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 24, 2005
  19. Its a conspiracy, they want this to turn into another Itanium on the
    desktop. ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 26, 2005
  20. It only comes with their business desktops.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 26, 2005